Views: 3335|Replies: 20

chinese living in Europe [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-30 19:05:36 |Display all floors
Although I come from a very miserable  family in China I managed to go and study in England.
I faced many financial problems there .I was a hard working person ,sincere and open to new things in life.
I have to confess with a strong complain that although I met  many chinese in London I was never assisted by themThe only tried to solve their own problems.
The only help I found was from the westerners.Some of them were racists indeed .Even the racist gave me a hand.
Now in Italy I still have found support from the Italians.I would never come back to China to work and live.
I visited my hometown last month .I was surprised by the change I saw.I did not expect it.

On the surface China has changed so much, but essentially it still is a coercive society. The Maoist ideology has been replaced by "getting rich is glorious" ideology. I discovered that it is almost impossible not to become corrupt. I found so much hypocricy in the chinese society.I found a big declination of morality.

Hometown, family, friends and culture are important to me. But what matters to me most is the freedom of choice. I am deeply depressed to see misery and poverty, and people who don't care about social injustice.

Iam completely satisfied with my life in Europe.I will also expand to Greece.Italy and Greece are the ideal places for me to have a social life ,much money ,enjoy unpolluted nature ,the greek sea ,good food .
Sometimes I face some racism problems which I overcome due to my adaptability and open mind.
Both Italians and greek have accepted me as a person who works hard and he is honest.
I want to share your experiences in a foreign country .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 07:03:10 |Display all floors

nobody in Europe?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 07:07:45 |Display all floors
I'm in Europe! But I'm not Chinese, so my experience here is naturally not very foreign. This being the part of the world where I am from and all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 07:13:00 |Display all floors

Reply #1 rosepanther's post

Originally posted by rosepanther at 2007-3-30 19:05
Although I come from a very miserable  family in China I managed to go and study in England.
I faced many financial problems there .I was a hard working person ,sincere and open to new things in life.
I have to confess with a strong complain that although I met  many chinese in London I was never assisted by themThe only tried to solve their own problems.

The only help I found was from the westerners.Some of them were racists indeed .Even the racist gave me a hand.
Now in Italy I still have found support from the Italians.I would never come back to China to work and live.
I visited my hometown last month .I was surprised by the change I saw.I did not expect it.

Good on you, Mr Rosepanther.  :)

Tell me, how many Chinese have you helped while you are in Europe?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:30:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2007-3-30 07:05 PM
Iam completely satisfied with my life in Europe

Thankyou for sharing your positive experiences, rosepanther

To live in another country can be difficult at times, but you're inciteful enough to see the good stuff, and strong enough to ignore the bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 13:49:42 |Display all floors
I found a big declination of morality.

So...your idea of morality is that insulting your homeland, your neighbors, your countrymen, your history, and your race in favor of others is proper is it?

Gee, an American doing that would be pilloried in the press as a traitor. An Italian doing that, or a Greek doing that, or even a Brit doing that would also be pilloried in the press in their own country as a traitor suitable to being sent to the 7th level of hell.

It is probably good then that you will not return to China as you will probably find that your warped sense of what is moral does not match the much higher level of the majority of Chinese people.

Still, enjoy yourself. After all, everybody knows that there is no corruption, no crime, no hatred in any other country in the world. All are aware that all other governments in the world are pure and righteous and that they never do anything bad, so, good on ya! You've found a heaven. Enjoy!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-4-1 02:12:20 |Display all floors

nobody appreciated what has for granted

I faced many financial problems there .I was a hard working person ,sincere and open to new things in l ...

Although I have enjoyed all the above you mention in Greece I want something else.I am studid.I know.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.