Author: chinadaily

The other side of President Bush: [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-1 03:46:57 |Display all floors

Underestimating the US President...

Several posts on this thread are making one of the classical mistakes of 'underestimating ones opponent'.

You may disagree with President Bush's policies, beliefs and even ridicule him personally.  But to assume the man is an idiot compared to yourself or the majority of others is unbridled arrogance.

A sports team coach always warns his team not to dismiss their opponents ability, even if the opponents have yet to win a game.  When you become complacent and lazy, you risk losing.

How many of you have accomplished what he has in his lifetime, or even hope to approach his level of achievements?  He flew an US Air Force fighter.  Do you think an idiot is able do so without ending up dead?  Do you think any of your air force pilots might be idiots?  I earned a private pilot's license, and saw many people I worked with lose a plane or die in an accident when I was in the military.  Mistakes are fatal.

The man's college grades were higher than his opponent, Kerry.  But Kerry was never accused of being an idiot.

Resorting to personal insults is unnecessary when there are probably many political decisions he has made that you disagree with and could make a good argument that he is wrong.  [US border/immigration enforcement, deficit spending, apologizing for actions rather than backing them, etc.]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 03:59:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 2007-4-1 03:46
Several posts on this thread are making one of the classical mistakes of 'underestimating ones opponent'.

You may disagree with President Bush's policies, beliefs and even ridicule him personall ...

Of course you are right, nosferatu.

I suppose that I have been reading so many derogatory articles from the European press depicting the President as not too intelligent that I have started to believe them.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 06:22:36 |Display all floors
sometimes we judge a person's stupidity by his action not by his college grade.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 06:26:20 |Display all floors
being responsible for the iraq quagmire certainly qualifies as a lifetime achievement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 09:50:37 |Display all floors
Apparently he scored 129 on an IQ test, which is of course above average. He's not much good at public speaking, that's obvious. He's tried to overcome this by putting on a 'Good 'ol Boy' show whenever he has to face the press, and he's been voted back into office.

I still think he's a *&%$ing idiot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 21:44:43 |Display all floors
There he stood making jokes on all and sundry, as if it would requit all those deeds starting with the big WMD lie; blood on the hand of innocents on both sides cannot easily be wiped away.  And he knows it which is saying a lot for 'em republican neocons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 22:35:41 |Display all floors
Dude, it's the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, it's meant to be satirical. Lighten up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.