Author: icyeyes

Hi all,can you tell me what is your meaning of your life. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-5 00:51:36 |Display all floors

Meaning of life

I hope you don't mind a response from a foreigner, I'm from the US.  I'm responding because the question you ask is one that everyone in the world asks, not just people from China.
What is the purpose of my life?  People ask that because they know in their spirit that there is an answer, they just may not know what it is.  We exist to have a relationship with God.  God created us and He loves us and He wants us to know and love Him, as well.  When we don't know Him, we are not fulfilling our purpose and so we feel empty and lonely.  But there is a problem- we are sinners.  We have all done something wrong in our life.  And those wrong things separate us from God because He is perfect and holy and cannot be close to sin.  But because God loves us, He has solved the problem!  There is an answer!  God sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross, to take the punishment for our sins.  Kind of like if your friend broke the law and you went to jail instead of him, even though you didn't do anything wrong, just because you loved him and wanted to help him.  All we have to do is realize that we've done wrong things, be sorry for doing them, and ask God to forgive us for them.  Then thank Jesus for taking your punishment and ask Him to come into your life.
A really great thing about all of this is that there are other good things that happen when we do this- part of having a relationship with God means we can go to Heaven when we die!  We also have an instant family! We become spiritual brothers and sisters with everyone else who also love God.  
The best thing you can do is read the Bible- start with the book of John- and find people who love God and can explain more to you.  I pray that you will find peace and meaning!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 09:41:58 |Display all floors
I think i live to eat

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 17:28:30 |Display all floors

my life lonely? messy?

for me i think now life is lonely. now i live alone, sometimes i am afraid of coming back to home. nobody at home, nobody talks to me, i maynot say even one word in a whole day! and the dad thing is, the longer i live alone, the most i don't want to communicate with friends. i know it may be sick, and i am also trying to do some positive stuffs. i became a volunteer of my community, i want to give a favour to whoever needs help. in case when i need help someone can do me a favour. is it selfish?

also i am planning to have  a pet, a dog or a kitty. but some expats say a pet maybe halmful for pregnant. no, i haven't been pregnent yet. but a married guy, my ex-boyfriend came back to me and complained his marriage as unhappiness. he said he plans to divorce in a few months and he wants to marry me. actually i don't believe, but maybe he said true words. wooo, how messy my life is!

[ Last edited by sandysea at 2007-4-5 05:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 17:54:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sandysea at 2007-4-5 17:28
for me i think now life is lonely. now i live alone, sometimes i am afraid of coming back to home. nobody at home, nobody talks to me, i maynot say even one word in a whole day! and the dad thing i ...

can you believe or trust yr ex words.........
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 21:10:20 |Display all floors
Hi kristint :   
     Thank you for your kind reply,you are welcome. I get your meaning. Also around me,there are many guys begin to embrace religions because of loneness.  My situation is the same with theirs.  When a guy lost himself in his life,he want to find an object and dedicate himself to his alleged divine object. Religion is an integrated thought system. It cater to the taste of such guys and advocated by them.
     But I will not believe religions,because in some extent I think it is a thought of  evading reality. I want to face everything in front of me directly,be a strong man, and I do not want to harboring myself below the cover of religion. Moreover, If anyone want to purge his spirit, he can do it form the inmost of his heart, If religion can do a favor,at best,it is auxiliary.
     I perfer to do like what Sandysea had said:"to be volunteer of  my community and give a favor to whoever need it"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-10 19:56:45 |Display all floors
icyeyes-
Your response has been very thought-provoking for me.  I'm interested in the guys around you that you know who have embraced religions.  What religions have they embraced?  Have you seen any changes in any of them since they became involved in religions?  Do any of them seem less lonely or more happy?  
If you will permit me, I would like to share how following Jesus has changed and fulfilled me.  Before I knew Jesus, I had many of the same struggles that you have described.  I was also lonely.  But when I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and become a part of my life, things began to change.
For me, having Jesus in my life gives me the strength to face the difficult things in my life.  It also gives me peace to know that God, who loves me, is taking care of me and is with me always (in the Bible, He says, "I will never leave you...").  I do not hide from life because of religion.  Instead, knowing Jesus makes it possible for me to have true fulfillment, joy, peace, and strength!
I know how wonderful it is to find meaning in life, I hope that you will also.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-10 22:11:47 |Display all floors
The Meaning of My Life

Confused and rootless I used to be,      8
staggering in the swamp slimy
and simmering with untold sins.

For a flicker of light that pierce
through the blur of remoreseful tears
and the doubts driving me mad clear,

I prayed agaisnt the dark and cold,
forsaken of love and alone,
for a place that I can call home.

Outcast from the days of wry mirth,
within me a new peace emerged-
in your eyes I find my rebirth.

[ Last edited by sparklark at 2007-4-10 10:14 PM ]
Dream on!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.