Author: xilaren

should we be friends with people who are of the same level with us? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-7 15:45:46 |Display all floors
I believe that the word friendship or friend, is destined toward people that deserve it, or that people who got themselves our  appreciation, love, friendship, etc of us.  This people can be from  different races, religions or "levels" if is this the point in this topic.

Reaching a  “level”, is done based in our effort, work, luck, opportunities, etc. there are many ways of reaching a “high level”. (well, I know the story of a man with just a high school study who reached a high “level” because he inherit a fortune from his grandparents, anyway) .

To reach a high level is also based in opportunities in life.  There are a lot of people who are smart, very capable people, honest and with good heart, but unfortunally they are a big part of the society who never reach a good status or high level because problems, bad luck or no opportunities in their life.
Many times the people criticize or judge us our actions or our friendships,  but they do not know why certain people (from all levels )  deserve our unconditional friendship.  

Honestly speaking, i don't care  what levels my friends come from, they are very few, but i can say that  in many years and from different nationalities i met people (mostly from work matters) from all levels and my best impressions and satisfactions i got from people from average and lower "level", people with good heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 08:48:58 |Display all floors

friends

I think friends is different from the people who we should be friendly to communicate with.I think friends should the people that we can understand totally and talk with in a free way. Then we should don't worry about what we say may hurt them and make them unhappy or something else.So I think only people with the same level , the same income and the same education can do this.
We can learn something from everyone around you,but this doesn't mean we can make friends with them.Because everyone may have the good thing that you don't have.So please don't mix it up.
hehe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 21:25:44 |Display all floors
I think we tend to form friendships with people of similar degree of intelligence.... and intelligence has nothing to do with education, income or social status. There are plenty of stupid rich people, plenty of dim-witted "educated" people, and plenty of smart/witty poor people. In fact, it can be argued that less advantaged people have to be smarter to get by. There's nothing more pathetic than a rich person who believes their wealth somehow proves their superiority, e.g. by talking about "levels" (naturally with the assumption that they are on a higher one....)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 02:32:38 |Display all floors
Humanity is same in all people in each level.

Usually i remember what Ms. Marble(the famous character in the novel of Agatha Christian) said , the murder happened in other place always reminded her the same situation in her small village.

And some other words like 'verybody is equal....'

I would like to make friend with guys from different leves, higher or lower, they are same if they are interesting.
Learn to love myself

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-17 08:59:55 |Display all floors
Making friends is a natural impulse from bottom the heart. So the level is not important. If you find a guy who has a lot common with you, he will be a good friends regardless of levels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-17 17:12:58 |Display all floors
Be nice to the people you meet on your way up the ladder of success, because you may need those people's kindness on your way down!
i agree with you very much ! and i have lots of friends come from every walk of life

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-17 22:09:35 |Display all floors
I think it's nice that you all think we should be friends with people from different backgrounds. I agree too.

But I think you should look at the reality of China. I thought that China would be a very classless society when I came here but I was surprised to find that Chinese must be the most class-conscious people in the world.  Of course, there are always exceptions but  you can see it mostly in the way people treat 保安 and 服务员. Chinese people often treat them like very stupid and worthless dirt.

In Western countries people rarely ask the question "should we be friends with people from different levels?" because everybody knows the answer is "YES".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.