Author: xilaren

should we be friends with people who are of the same level with us? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-31 10:57:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-3-29 18:15
All of us contact several people in our everyday life.It happens to us to dedicate some more time to some of them.
I want to share my personal estimation with you.
Some friends of mine criticise  ...

hehe...

for me...

I dont care about the level for our friends...

you know, one are low level today, but will higher level tomorrow...

dont look down for any one...

of course...choose some higher level friends is also nice...can give you some help to make progress...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 12:06:41 |Display all floors
idc.
but i think its easier to become friendz wit the ppl who are the same lvl with you.
I want image for my signature. T.T

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 06:34:44 |Display all floors

You can be friendly with everybody, but only friends with some.

Talking about "level" is a sensitive issue. Some people have more or less money than me. Some people are smarter or dumber than me.

We can be friendly with everybody at all levels, but it is most comfortable to make our friends from people who are of similar intelligence or wealth as ourselves.

I worked in Africa for a year as a lecturer. I was friendly with everybody. The senior African administration ignored me as "below" them and did not invite me to their homes. The junior staff and students found me very approachable so guess what? -about five times a day on average, I was asked to lend them money. No one was happy when I said "Sorry, no". I could only be relaxed with my fellow lecturers.

Now I am home again in my own country. A co-worker lives nearby. He is a nice person but frankly he is not very smart. It is frustrating to talk with him.We can't communicate easily. So I can only be friendly with him, I can't be a friend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 17:10:23 |Display all floors

he he, i think your title is misleading

when i first see it,what come to my mind is that this is an article about the competetion among the people of the same level.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 11:31:11 |Display all floors

make friends with people of different level

Everyone is born to exist. I think it is quite right to make friends with people of different level only if they are honest and sincere to you. Do what you think is right and do what makes you happy. That is the way we should lead our lives.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 11:32:25 |Display all floors

Reply #15 sexlion's post

I cannot agree with you more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 11:40:50 |Display all floors

One thing for sure....

....a COTTON PICKER cannot make friends with a FUND MANAGER!

....a TEA LEAF PICKER cannot possibly make friends with a POLITICIAN.....

yet we need that COTTON PICKER and TEA LEAF PICKER to make our life better!

Alas...........that's  THE WAY!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.