Author: ruotong

Are you still eager to learn English without CETs? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-12 20:59:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2007-4-9 15:12

Don't worry, I'm patient. but I will say that that decree is well thought out, and will continue to pester you until you read it.:) It actually deals with some of the issues you've brought up i ...

Thanks for your long patience to me. I feel a little uneasy since your words are like the sword of Damocles.kidding only. Seriously speaking I will read it as soon as I can. There are so many trifiling at hand and I just cannot shed them off in a short time. Thanks to your ' timely pester', I will not worry about astraying from the topic afar. You can drag me back to the right track.

It is said that some JV  Chinese employees, esp some white or pink collars, tend to  speak english among themselves. Maybe some of them  are returnees from abroad. In order to make themselves more understood, they have to resort to English since Chinese as a language is a little bit unfamilar to some extent? Just my random guess. I am open to be corrected. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 23:12:37 |Display all floors

I take your point here. but the truth is truth, nothing we can change. god bless everyone who suffers from the cet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 00:03:34 |Display all floors
i am not for the cet ,
but i want to improve my english,
so i surf here.
my view is following..
if you can't change it circumstance,
accept it
at the same time , do what you want to do , not be restricted by it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 11:54:57 |Display all floors

Both are necessary if you graduated from college

Pass CETs is necessary,or you would not be agreed to graduate.That is a condition of teach-rule by our  teaching department.
But ,in additon that,English is a tool,and a culture at the same time.Realy english must be studied and learn after CETs.
That's my oppinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 07:30:16 |Display all floors

Reply #28 ruotong's post

maybe just rumors, no personal experience so far :)
I like to be here, to be with you, to sense your presence all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 22:50:25 |Display all floors
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 21:04:34 |Display all floors

That's the point.

Tests like CET,TEM,I think  is by no means the purpose to study English,and it can't  measure one's really English level.We have been  studying  English for so many years but still we can't speak or use it as easy as our native language.Why?That's beacuse we put too much attention on grammar,writing but ignore the importance of oral English.We should consider communication as the first place.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.