Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-30 17:42:14 |Display all floors

Yes I also voted NO...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 23:41:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 2007-3-30 17:42
and a few...quite a few...zero poster threads..

are all colored nice and pretty..

It is odd that you mention this because of an interesting occurrence this very day in that regard.

For some reason, perhaps due the activity of views in such a short time, both this and the other poll regarding moderators were, at around 4:45 pm or so Friday, "colored" which can only be done by one of the moderators of this section...and during office hours in Beijing.

Then, strangely, at around 6pm Friday, after office hours one can only assume, the color was removed and the thread title was again black.

This raises interesting questions and speaks volumes - although without clarification which hopefully answers to my queries to certain CD management-level personages will bring one cannot really know the reasons for either one act or the other or for that matter who decided coloring the thread subject for emphasis was suitable and who decided that the moderator that chose to color the thread subject was incorrect and ordered the colored thread subject changed back to black.

Seems also odd that with so many absolutely repulsive threads and posts littering the forum like so many cockroaches in a McD's kitchen that there would be such a focus on and rapid reaction to something as innocuous as these polls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 11:08:47 |Display all floors

I voted "Yes".

Since they have viewed so many threads and different opinions, it's very likely that they also come up with some ideas which they would like to share. I guess almost all people long to be heard by others. So why can't they comment here? We should respect everyone's freedom as long as they don't offend other people, shouldn't we?
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 13:21:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lotus_flower at 2007-3-31 11:08
So why can't they comment here?

It's not that the suggestion is that they can't - it is should they be doing so when the job they were hired for is to manage and police the forum. It they are spending their time as contributors while there are so many problems on the forum then they are not doing the job for which they were hired.

Fix the problems first, then play, is the suggestion of this poll.

The other poll is in response to some - again, only some - moderators abusing their powers for personal self-interest. Don't forget to voice your opinion there as well.

These polls are designed to assist the management at CD and it is important that all forum members weigh in with their opinions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 22:24:19 |Display all floors
To me, it makes no difference.

The moderators try to get the forum in order. If they don't participate in the capacity of moderators, they could still register another name or names and post as many threads and comments as possible.

They are moderators, and they are also users.

So, there is no difference at all.

The only complaint: they might use their privilege to place their own posts on top!
Be Good, Do No Evil. May Buddha Preserve Us!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.