Author: uj1982

April Fool !! A dishonest Tradition [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-31 09:34:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-29 14:06
I've never heard of any april fool's related deaths, but if there were, then the people involved surely had problems to begin with if they'd do something cruel as a joke.

A teenager (or a person) who will start smoking, will have a  lot of chances to end up with heroine drug or etc. Every crime in the beginning is small or every criminal in the beginning doesn't go to extreme stage. First he/she break one law, then the next one then next one and so on

If we will continue to follow this tradition, it will end in a disastrous situation. Because everybody has different nature. His limitation of joking or thinking of a way that it is a joke would be different. So he will behave like that which might not be liked by others.
for example, taking $5 from our beloved one without their permission might not be considered a crime for some people. But for others, everything having without permission might be illegal.

So if we will continue to encourage others to lie, then because everybody has a different nature and will lie according to his ideas that might be hurting for others might end up with disastrous situation.

[ Last edited by uj1982 at 2007-3-31 09:36 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:36:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by uj1982 at 2007-3-31 09:24 AM
When somebody says something very seriously to me and likes me to believe that he is saying true. And, if whether I behave according to situation or not, in the end just says me that he was just joking. Then I really dislike it.

uj1982, let your friends know you don't appreciate this type of joke. Warn them if they try it, there may be consequences from you. Just a little chat with them will help you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:36:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gobobo at 2007-3-31 09:36

uj1982, let your friends know you don't appreciate this type of joke. Warn them if they try it, there may be consequences from you. Just a little chat with them will help you.

They already know :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:56:15 |Display all floors
Good for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 13:17:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by uj1982 at 2007-3-29 12:08
April Fool !!

A dishonest Tradition

You miss the point of it all, the ludicrous level of belief shown by so many in the most idiotic claims.

I made two threads of famous April Fool's hoaxes, read them to see just how many people are so stupid as to be willing to believe the most amazingly impossible hoaxes!

From as far back as over a century ago - and that one was claimed to be based on one perpetrated in the 1600's!!!

It is just to show how stupid people really are and what they are willing to believe...and it's not just average people, either. Read how governments, news organizations, and so-called professionals were - and are, every year - exposed as being moronic blow-hards by demonstrating their  lack of intellect by reacting to the hoaxes.

It is fun - for others.

When it is done to you so that other's can laugh then it is only fun for the others, I agree, but in a world such as we are stranded in today with innocent people being murdered for oil and water, others dying to dig diamonds and tin out of the ground so that lazy good-for-nothings can make money by selling pretty little sparkling rocks to moronic nobody's; or so that the electronic industry in the EU and japan can continue to make circuit boards now that they have banned the use of lead, then everybody needs a laugh at least once a year.

Besides, if you don't like your friends enough to even offer them the chance for the briefest of opportunities to laugh a little - even at your expense - then you aren't a very good friend IMHO.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 14:23:57 |Display all floors

Oh dear

Originally posted by uj1982 at 2007-3-29 12:08
April Fool !!

A dishonest Tradition

1st April - a day when people lie, play jokes and mock in the name of entertainment. This ugly practice of lying, which is considered to be merely ...

In my world, this sounds like just another normal day

Except it will be Sunday and we usually call a halt to hostilities on sundays!
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 01:04:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-3-31 14:23

Except it will be Sunday and we usually call a halt to hostilities on sundays!

So...did you end hostilities on sunday panda or did ms. panda...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.