Author: ronglimeng

I don't like hotpot! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-30 20:44:49 |Display all floors

Thanks for the Responses So Far

Thanks for contributions to the discussion so far.

Nulife, I still sense an underlying nastiness in your responses. You need to reform your thinking and adopt a friendlier attitude. You should learn from helen1815 who also disagrees with my opinion, but makes a good argument for why hotpot is enjoyable to her.

To janezhang88, I would have to say that I don't like the Barbecue restaurant concept either for the same reason as you state " you need to prepare (cook) the food yourself". However I enjoy Barbecue if it is prepared by someone else.

Spiritrace, I really enjoy Dim Sum. It is the best way to spend a Sunday morning - drinking tea, reading the newspaper, and nibbling on all those delicacies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 20:59:40 |Display all floors

hotpot for one, please...

i am not comfortable with allowing an individual's utensils (which might have traces of DNA...saliva) to touch the communal plates; for this hygienic reason.  you have my vote, ronglimeng!  two more weeks left for me to go...lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 22:28:32 |Display all floors
Putting food into the pot and waiting for them to be cooked allow you enough time to enjoy talking and maybe a bit drinking with your friends. So that's perfect.

Peter, we usually use a big spoon to scoop food out from the pot and nobody would stick their own chopsticks into the soup so we don't share each other's saliva. Once you insist to do so people will follow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 22:39:14 |Display all floors

a big spoon

it's a good idea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 22:47:31 |Display all floors

yeah, right...

Originally posted by jessme at 2007-3-30 09:28 AM
Putting food into the pot and waiting for them to be cooked allow you enough time to enjoy talking and maybe a bit drinking with your friends. So that's perfect.

Peter, we usually use a big spoo ...

i can't be watching & monitoring ev'ry step people do at the round table.  hotpot is me & my fiancee only.  you know how some peopel are...just don't care!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 22:51:51 |Display all floors
Some restaurants offer the individual hotpot to every one, this fashion is more advisable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 23:08:00 |Display all floors

not that extreme...

i would not dare to have hotpot all by myself at the restaurant, then it would be all eyes on me in the diningroom...too pathetic!  but i love to claypot rice for one (not sure if you understand what i mean by claypot meal).  thanks for the tips!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.