Views: 17967|Replies: 35

I don't like hotpot! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-29 09:59:19 |Display all floors
I learned that Chinese don't have knives on the table because cutting meat  and vegetables is considered to be part of the food preparation. When Chinese food comes to the table it is supposed to be ready to eat, no cutting required, everything to be in bit-sized pieces ready for transfer to the mouth.

That seems like a really civilised concept!

So what about the popularity of hotpot? Why do people like to have raw meat and vegetables delivered to the table so that they have to cook it themselves. I think they should get a discount for having to cook their own food.

I prefer to go into a restaurant, place my order, wait for the food, and then eat it. If I want to cook myself, I can stay at home!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 10:01:35 |Display all floors
hotpot is a culture, cant accept it, then leave it...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 10:16:45 |Display all floors

Liking/ disliking is different from Accepting/not accepting

Hi nulife:

What I've done here is state my liking or rather disliking for something. I can accept that other people like hotpot. In fact lots of times when we go out we have hotpot because other people want it.

I don't like short sharp replies either but I accept that is the way some people choose to participate here.

Have a nice day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 10:23:23 |Display all floors
""That seems like a really civilised concept! ""???????????

what is civilised concept on your mind?

i saw nothing but whine in this post..sorry

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 15:57:27 |Display all floors
funny, the customers cook themselves? i dont; think so, they only need to put the meat and vegetable in the pot. Besides, they don;t need to wait long, they only need to wait the first batch of food to cook well. During the eating, they can play what to eat next, then put them inside to heat. So they can eat the hot food from the beginning to the ending, only need to put them in the pot. But if u cook at home, u must buy food, wash, and cut, make the soup and heat the food.
hi

UL/CSA listed sump&sewage pump supplier

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 16:20:03 |Display all floors

-

There are two kinds of humans. #1 Those who eat to live. #2 Those who live to eat.

If you enjoy good food then as time goes on, you will learn the many different ways of eating and preparation of the foods. Every country has their traditional way of enjoying food. The process of how you eat can be as enjoyable as the food it's self.

If you just eat to stay alive, then things like Hot Pot, Tandoori, Dim Sum and such would not be of any interest to you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 16:29:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-3-29 09:59
I learned that Chinese don't have knives on the table because cutting meat  and vegetables is considered to be part of the food preparation. When Chinese food comes to the table it is supposed to b ...

If you dont like hotpot, what about Barbecue? you also need prepare the food by yourself.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.