Views: 2889|Replies: 5

What can't be sold in the West becomes big sellers in China, from MG Rover to [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-29 00:39:54 |Display all floors
source: BBC, 27 March 2007

"The first Chinese-built MG sports cars have rolled off the production line in the eastern city of Nanjing.

The manufacturer, state-owned Nanjing Automobile, bought the assets of collapsed UK firm MG Rover in 2005.

It plans to produce 200,000 new cars every year and hopes to sell the vehicles around the world.

But many are likely to be sold to the booming domestic market, with demand for luxury vehicles soaring amongst the country's wealthy elite."

So what can't be sold back in Europe are going into the Chinese market and becoming big sellers there.

Same with those sick old Western men who can't find a job or a woman back in their own country and are now flocking to China.

No intention to start another hate thread, but I just heard the story of this 50 year old German man (now living in Liaoning Province) yesterday which made me abusolutely sick. He divorced twice in Germany before he went to teach in China and since then he's been on a true erotic adventure, having relationships with Chinese women of all ages and occupations, including one with his student's mother! He said he is feeling so good in China and plans to remain there till the end of his life.

There's also someone (maybe more than one!) in this forum now in his 50s but still salivating at Chinese girls in their 20s. And obviously he sees nothing wrong in this.

This is just so sick! Please show some self-respect, old folks! There's nothing to be ashamed of about being old, or single, or whatever, but it's just so shameful and shameless when one doesn't recognise himself as such!
Der Mensch ist das Loch im Sein - Hegel

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-29 00:47:34 |Display all floors

Interesting...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 00:56:15 |Display all floors
Chairman, I can't believe I'm agreeing with you twice in one day.  There is nothing wrong or unnatural about older men appreciating young female beauty.  If the young women choose to go with them that is their choice and their business.

As my father used to say, "I'm not a dirty old man; I'm a sexy senior citizen."

BTW, my first car was a vintage MG-TD.
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 01:10:58 |Display all floors
True, there's nothing wrong when an old man likes a young woman, but it's just so wrong when he also seeks to claim her. This is just pure egoism. While he himself can benefit in everyway from this relationship, - be rejuvenated, reinvigorated above all -, for the woman it's just entirely the opposite - she'll be worn out physically and psychologically in no time.

I dont agree with you Digoneses when you say that if the woman chooses to go with the man, the man can just accept that. Young women tend to act on impulses, so it's the duty of the old man to protect her from making wrong choices, if he truly likes her.
Der Mensch ist das Loch im Sein - Hegel

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-29 01:18:51 |Display all floors

Diogenes

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 01:38:31 |Display all floors

xieyang spews, "No intention to start another hate thread"

And proceeds to do just that!
xieyang wrote, "So what can't be sold back in Europe are going into the Chinese market and becoming big sellers there."
In no way did what you you posted justfy your conclusion.
But to try to link this hapless summation with, "Same with those sick old Western men who can't find a job or a woman back in their own country and are now flocking to China." ia truly laughable.

It is obvious that your true intention was to voice your disapproval with older "Westerners" involved with Chinese women particularly younger ones.
"There's also someone (maybe more than one!) in this forum now in his 50s but still salivating at Chinese girls in their 20s. And obviously he sees nothing wrong in this. "
LOL you crack me up!

And to put the period at the end of the sentence, of course you didn't want o "start another hate thread" but you ended with the hate emoticom

Thanks for the laugh knucklehead!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.