Author: tracy_tracy

What do you compare the Chinese food with The Western food? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-29 09:17:38 |Display all floors

Yesterday I went to Korean restaurant with my friends.

I like to taste different food.
1.gif
A friendship founded on business is better than business founded on friendship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 09:30:37 |Display all floors
like Chinese food
for it's diversity and great taste, i like vegetables(also meat)
I am VIP
Very Important Pig
:D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 14:23:34 |Display all floors

I like beefsteak.

A friendship founded on business is better than business founded on friendship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 17:33:27 |Display all floors

I'm a Foodie

I like most foods i try. I think the reason for this is both my parents were chefs with their own business, and so i would often try unusual foods, from many different countries. My father always said to be 'Just try a little, if you don't like it, leave it' so i always tried some, and usually liked it!

I have grown up in an atmosphere were food is considered to be very important, as are family meals. I would often eat alone during the week (with both parents working very long hours) and be expected to cook my own food (which started out as simple omelettes, toasted sandwiches or frozen pizza. The weekends would mainly be used for buying food and taking some vegetables it from the garden, and cooking it. It would often take 3 or 4 hours for all the courses to be cooked, and i would be expected to help out a little. And then about 10 minutes to eat it all !! Ha ha !

So i think the more foods a person is exposed to, the more mature their taste becomes. You should always try a little of something, and then if you don't like it, give it to someone who does and try something else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 00:34:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tracy_tracy at 2007-3-28 10:51
compare the Chinese food with The Western food?

I don't believe they can be compared.

One is more heavily based on healthy choices - although there are unhealthy choices as well - where the other is based on unhealthy choices with few healthy options.

One is "lighter" while the other is "heavier."

One is eaten in a more effective way in that several different dishes can be sampled at the same meal without the need to stuff oneself to bursting while the other is most often a meal of exceedingly gargantuan portions of one, two or three items that are completely consumed - for example, a sickeningly large hunk of rotten hormone and antibiotic laden barely cooked animal carcass with some form of tasteless overcooked veggies tossed in for color.

So, comparison is not really possible since they are so different IMHO.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.