Views: 4268|Replies: 11

What do you compare the Chinese food with The Western food? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-28 10:51:45 |Display all floors
Although I'm a Chinese girl, I like to eat the Western food better.
I don't like to have meal with the strangers for the Chinese food.
When the saliva have been adhered with their chopsticks for the stranger
I will feel it's so dirty.
The Western food is always refinement and beautiful.
How are you?
A friendship founded on business is better than business founded on friendship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 11:33:00 |Display all floors
Hmm... I don't mind sharing food, but then again I've only eaten that way with people I knew well.... no... I've eaten with people I knew not-so-well... but still, coworkers who were polite clean people, not some smelly guy off the streets ...
If everyone mostly takes from their own side of the dish, you won't get their germs until you have all reached the middle.

I love chinese food, but i also love some western food. I've grown up eating cheese, and I love it, so it's nice to have something with cheese once in a while, it's like a "comfort food".

I recently heard a TEACHER in a class talk about food with the chinese students learning english, and I heard him say that american food has no variety, all they eat is hamburgers. WHAT?!?!? Oh my goodness, I'll tell you, I grew up in the US and I hardly ever ate hamburgers! Only rarely when I was a child!

It IS true though that it's tough to find food you could truly call american food, but that's because america has only been around for a few hundred years, so "american food" would have to be food invented in the US, within the last couple hundred years. Most american food comes from other countries, of course, just as it's people did. EVeryone brought their foods & recipes with them, so of all places, the US has a HUGE variety of food!!! Where I lived I could go to a different ethnic restaurant every night of the week (if I could afford it, haha).
Americans also cook chicken, pork, & beef in all different ways, with all different vegetables, pastas, or rice, etc... it's not just a big plain steak on a plate either. Consider the uses of an oven, and you have even more ways of cooking things.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 11:34:50 |Display all floors

blaaa!! me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tracy_tracy at 2007-3-28 10:51

When the saliva have been adhered with their chopsticks for  ...

I do love both though and cook both!
°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 15:42:35 |Display all floors

Sometimes I feel the Chinese food is so oily.

Maybe Guangdong food is better than other province.
Guangdong food is mainly lite. And people like to eat fish. But I don't like them. I'm  afraid of the fish bones. Maybe they would thrust my nonnasality.

[ Last edited by tracy_tracy at 2007-3-28 03:44 PM ]
1.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 16:38:25 |Display all floors
Regarding to the way of eating, over here in Malaysia, sometimes we have our meal separately and we still use chopsticks.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 17:07:00 |Display all floors

Asian countries get used to eating by chopsticks.

Western countries get usd to eating by forks and knives.
1.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 17:44:30 |Display all floors

I like cheese

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-28 11:33
Hmm... I don't mind sharing food, but then again I've only eaten that way with people I knew well.... no... I've eaten with people I knew not-so-well... but still, coworkers who were polite clean p ...

I started eating cheese in Italy.I use it in every dish in a liquid shape.Have you ever tasted Italian cheese.
They are yummy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.