Asian cartoons vs Western cartoons [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-27 16:22:46 |Display all floors
comparing the two is like comparing pears with apples

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 16:31:05 |Display all floors
....no I see....
South Park and Simpsons are American cartoons,
Tintin's from Belgium
One Piece, Death Note are Japanese commercial animes....
...different countries, different time, different types, different orientations

not two...it's far from pears and apples....now we got an orchard

p.s. Tim Burton lover here anyone?

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2007-3-27 04:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 16:52:50 |Display all floors
tim rocks big time
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 17:03:41 |Display all floors
I wasn't talking about Chinese cartoons vs foreign cartoons. It was about ASIAN cartoons vs WESTERN cartoons.

It seems to me either you're having having comprehension problem or you're trying to deflect the focus of this thread into China-bashing discussion.

The figure 80% doesn't mean that western cartoons occupied a big proportion of it. The site stated that Japanese cartoons are HUGELY popular.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 17:24:07 |Display all floors
bashing?

no

simply challenging the chinese animators to get off their asses and produce something world class

if anything exercising my rights to freedom of speech under the chinese constitution, where Article 35 which clearly states:

“Citizens of the People’s Republic of China enjoy freedom of speech, of the press, of assembly, of association, of procession and of demonstration.”

you have a problem with that sir? :)

in fact, It also states in Article 41 that the people of China may freely criticize their government in an open forum:

“Citizens of the People’s Republic of China have the right to criticize and make suggestions to any state organ or functionary.”

[ Last edited by i_smuggle at 2007-3-27 05:26 PM ]
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 17:27:41 |Display all floors
No, I wasn't denying your rights but DEBUNKING your true colours.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 17:35:29 |Display all floors
I don't think japanese anime could represent asian cartoon/animation, most of them were commercial-based, take One Piece for e.g. the storyline, the scenario's attractive, but it's still commercial cliche, to make it on the top of bestsellers, and comes after series, videos, fan products etc. the storyline serves the market

I think Miyazaki's great animator...some of Miyazaki's works are really great, but then it's Japanese and typical Japanese, not whole Asian.

chinese animation was great, when I say was it's about 50 to 20 years ago...but still classic, the chinese painting animation "shan shui qing"(1988) is still my favourte, but now chinese animation "sucks big time" neither commercially successful nor artistically tasteful....

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2007-3-27 05:37 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.