Author: changzhou007

Thick face and black heart, the key to run a successful business? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-26 07:16:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-3-25 23:59
How thick can a thick skin be and how black can a black heart be?
Natural selection may select the "thick skin and black heart" type to be the "successful" business people for a while...then other type would take over...it is a tug of war. ...

Your profound question is resonating and lingering in my ears now, and will be granted a permanent place in my mind.

Oh, don't tell me the solution and don't spoil it, for I will be in search for it, no matter how hard, I am confident that I will be able to find out where the balancing point lies!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 07:23:35 |Display all floors
Thank you for your thoughtful talks,  as if it had taken me back to the class room to listen to the lecture from my favorite prof. Hmmm ... you forgot to ask, "Any question?"

Yes, having a thick face is a virtue. I think that thick face people have the ability to put self-doubt aside. They refuse to accept the confine of others and more importantly, they don't accept the limitations we usually inflict on ourselves.

Haha ... coming to black heart, my own soft version of it is to be effective in execution, the black heart-thingy is devoid of short-sighted compassion and concentrates total attention on ultimate objectives. Black heart means having the courage to attempt extraordinary tasks while remaining aware of the risk.

Now I am raising my hand and asking, "My dear Prof,  How will I be coached/trained  to be thick face and black heart?"

Originally posted by iamlost at 2007-3-25 18:25
Somehow, I always wonder why we are so afraid of being labeled "thick-face" or the likes.Just now, the answer knocked my mind. That's how we evaluate others, we think they are bold, carel ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 07:29:15 |Display all floors
xilaren, Thank you for your encouraging words.:)

I won't let this idea die prematurely. Actually, I have been doing some sort of preparation, going to the library to grab a few self-help books about how to run a small business, asking people around, nurturing my own interest in it.

Although there are thousands questions in my head, the first question I like to ask you is

Running your own business is not a job, but a way of life, like taking care of your own baby, what is your view of it? Any experience to share?

Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-3-25 20:23
Congratulations
First of all I want to congratulate you about your thread.I always find your threads interesting to me and you care about matters which I do care a lot.
Unfortunately I do not to belong to this  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 07:38:48 |Display all floors

re

Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-3-26 07:29

I won't let this idea die prematurely. Actually, I have been doing some sort of preparation, going to the library to grab a few self-hel ...

I am working as a chef in Florence.Although I am very satisfied with my job I want to open a restaurant of my own or with a good partner in Greece.When you have the knowledge why not dare?
Being static in life does not fit me at all.
What kind of job will you have in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 08:46:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-3-25 12:20
Having been on the road rolling from one place to another for the last few years, I have been toying with the idea of running my own business.

I have also shared my thoughts with my close frien ...

hehe...

yes...

most of time, people think you need thick face and black heart, either you business your own boss or employed by others...

but sometimes, keep your own character is also important...such as gentle and straightforwards...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 12:47:31 |Display all floors

too soft and gentle and indecisive

Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-3-25 12:20
Having been on the road rolling from one place to another for the last few years, I have been toying with the idea of running my own business.

I have also shared my thoughts with my close frien ...

indeed,not a good quality of running business...

I am decisive person..
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-3-26 22:08:38 |Display all floors

I agree

Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-3-26 07:29

I won't let this idea die prematurely. Actually, I have been doing some sort of preparation, going to the library to grab a few self-hel ...

When I run a business the first thing I deposit is my heart.I need a moral  motivation.I fight for this motivation and not for the money.
The success of any job I do has to be shared with somebody.I mean somebody else appart from me will be also the receiver.For instance  my family or a good friend of mine.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.