Author: xilaren

how [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-24 21:56:08 |Display all floors
I'm enjoying china very much, thanks! It's challenging, that's for sure. I like my new job, and I'm realizing that when I go back to the states I will starve because I'll miss all this good food.

XILAREN - SORRY!!! I just realized I got caught up in telling someone how to know if THEY love another person, but YOU ASKED how to tell if THEY LOVE YOU! Yikes, can you ever forgive me?

SO.... how to tell if they love you? I don't know. No, really, I could give all kinds of ways but I don't think they're the same for everyone. There was someone in my life for a very long time, and I often wondered if (& how much) he loved me.... he was not the type to say it or display such things, and I found it difficult to feel secure with him. I'd tell myself "he may not say it but he's HERE all this time... and he takes care of me in a lot of ways...." then I'd argue with myself, "But why is he here? That doesn't mean he loves me; if he doesn't say it then I shouldn't be foolish enough to imagine he does... then someday he might say "I never said I loved you" and I will be a big fool"...
Oh the turmoil..... I cried many times over it. (don't anyone say "why didn't you ask him", of course I did, and the answers were often vague or he'd say "why do you have to ask that" or something).....

So showing love might come in different ways, especially from men who may have been brought up to be strong, or who didn't get a lot of affection, or.... whatever.
I wish I had a good answer. I'll be looking out for one here. For now we'll hug each other.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 10:02:59 |Display all floors
i don't know,either

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 11:07:00 |Display all floors

not native

i also puzzled by this question, sometime , some guy make you feel sweet , i thought that is love, but now i think i am wrong, it is not dependable,
maybe life is tedious, need sth fresh , but now i think love is

you like to stay with someone, when you don't see someone you want to see him , when you see him , you feel safe, comfotable,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 12:00:16 |Display all floors

never give him all of you

if he get what he want from you, your value is depreciated. so keep space between each other, you have very good chance to get to konw everything you want to know!
Just do it!
Experience is the best mentor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 12:11:52 |Display all floors

xi la ren

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-24 21:56
I'm enjoying china very much, thanks! It's challenging, that's for sure. I like my new job, and I'm realizing that when I go back to the states I will starve because I'll miss all this good food.

your love means to lover's love or friendship love?
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 15:23:46 |Display all floors

oh nice

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-24 21:56

I know how difficult it is to live and work in a foreign country.Time makes us get used and make the foreign country our country.
As I have got married in Italy I will rarely have the chance to visit my hometown in the future.
I remember the talk we had with you xilaren and yanjiaren.I feel I have three sisters.
Life is so demanding for a newly married couple.Enjoy your stay in Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 19:19:26 |Display all floors

I never know

Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-3-23 19:36
I know sometimes I make really naive questions.Somebody may think that these matters would be understandable even by teenagers.
Please forgive my naivity and give me some answers.

untill he looks into my eyes and tell me.
But even if he did that, I still don't know for sure.
About how I know I love him or not, I just know. :)
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.