Author: eric7321005

'Nail household' keeps position [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-31 11:05:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freeman at 2007-3-31 10:52 AM
"It went on pretty smoothly. Except the Yang Wu family, all the other residents moved out," Wang Wei, an official with the company, said.

"We have made at least 40 contacts with him in the past two years or so, but never came up with a solution."

Yeah i bet they made many 'contacts' (ie threats and intimidation). You only have to see the pictures of this couple's house surrounded by a 10 metre drop on all sides to see how the construction company like to do business. I hope that couple are keeping accurate records and diaries, the rights to the story could net them a fortune as well as protecting the future rights of millions of others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 19:34:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 22:16:40 |Display all floors
Salute the couple!

Those displaced by the commercial property development have much to learn from them.

The developers seek the maximum profits in disregard of the interests of the people being displaced. The displaced have to stand up to their rights.

In this case, I guess the local government might have got involved, and collaborated with the developer, or at least, was standing behind the developer.  If a thorough investigation were carried out, the days for some local officials would be numbered.
Be Good, Do No Evil. May Buddha Preserve Us!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.