Author: zglobal

Chinese Politeness [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-26 18:40:51 |Display all floors
Well,I found that we could not achieve an accord view of point.For you are Australian,and we are CHINESE.
What's you original impression of Chinese?I wondered.
Politeness,kindness is our inheritence from our ancestors thousand years ago.I admit that I'm not so aware of that before,cause I thought that is what it ought to be.Yes,you may argued that we are not so gentle ,elegant before,I wanna to say it is all about the western way.And these years past is a period of adjustment.
What we concerned about is the problem more seriously.The lack of faith and dignity,there are too much people forgot what we should to be,and lost their mind.And the buble left by the "progressing".As I said above,there are too much have been left behind,our brotherhood.We should keep one eye on  what   these progressive people achieve,and left one eye on those left behind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 18:47:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 17:58:57 |Display all floors
I both agree with the negative and active attitudes on China. And think all the those cared about this issue are good guys. I am a native Chinese, you can find it from my poor English.
I think maybe both of you are right, we are progressing but confusing at the same time. I wish all the people be polite and happy every day. We don't like the present style of America and old style of China. We just want a harmonious society.

[ Last edited by jackchoi at 2007-3-30 06:00 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 23:28:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-6 12:27:00 |Display all floors
zglobal: Finally someone who is almost on the mark with me when it comes to this topic.
Dont worry about the Chinese they will rise to the occasion. Do not pity the Chinese, they would rather be envied which they will soon then to be pittied. They will laugh in your face soon enough and then you will realize that they will be a force to recon with. In 200 years...Im sure they will be where the US is right now if they enforce the rule of law for everyone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-6 12:33:39 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-5 06:01:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 23-3-2007 08:24
Well I just had four people from the Chinese government come to my door to make sure I'm registered in China, check visa and passport etc.

What can I say?. Four more polite people you would neve ...

Sometimes when I see rude Chinese people I cry in my heart. Politeness and respect was socially very important in the past - especially those that were educated, they were obssessed with becoming the "perfect gentleman" or "jun zi" (君子). Nowadays we are seeing root-level politeness but still need a lot of improvement!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.