Author: voice_cd

US urged not to sell arms to Taiwan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-7 08:13:23 |Display all floors

Still huff but no puff.

Irish the Spruiker,

No, there is NO ground swell of Americans offering their bodies to the defense of Taiwan. It is good hallucination and delusion of grandeur but untrue. As a matter of fact, most Americans do not know where this Taiwan place is. There is certainly no desire to shed blood for the slanty eyes. Wake up and wipe those alcoholic daze off those eyes.

The PRC has consistently insisted that NO force will ever be used UNLESS there is a unilateral declaration of independence by simpletons like Ah-Bian. Which part of that sentence do you guys have difficulty understanding ?  GI joe is unlikely to have the stomach for a fight on Chinese soil : they would be reminded that the " American war " in Vietnam would look like a day at Disney Land fun park compared.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 12:25:29 |Display all floors

This is what I found in the news.

US, Japan to draft plans for Taiwan, NKorea crises: reports
Agence France-Presse | Jan 4, 2007

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/wa...rts13009762.php

Digg this Story | Send Article | Printer Friendly | Discuss

Japan and the United States are considering joint plans to coordinate the response of their armed forces if China invades Taiwan or North Korea strikes Japan, news reports have said.

US and Japanese defense and foreign affairs officials would next month start studying various scenarios of military confrontation in Taiwan, reflecting US unease over China's growing military power, the Kyodo News agency reported.

The plan would consider a possible Taiwanese declaration of independence and the use by China of military force against the island, according to the report, which cited unnamed US and Japanese government sources.

Possible cooperation could include the provision by Japanese troops of supplies and logistical support to the US military, as well as rescue missions for missing US soldiers and ship inspections, Kyodo said.

Japan's Defense Agency also wanted a broader plan to look at the risk of violence spreading to Japanese territory such as the Okinawa region or the disputed Senkaku islands, called the Diaoyus by China, it added.

The Asahi Shimbun said Washington and Tokyo began in December drafting a military plan to deal with a possible crisis in the Korean peninsula, including a North Korean missile attack on Japan.

Under those plans, to be completed this year, Japan could search for missing US troops and provide military supplies, the newspaper said, citing unnamed officials in both countries.

"It seems that sentiment has grown stronger in the United States that they want to prepare for the unexpected, after seeing things like the North Korean nuclear test in October 2006," a Japanese official told the Asahi.

The US government wanted the Korean plan to be completed by the second half of 2007 in light of Pyongyang's nuclear test last year, the Asahi said.

A spokeswoman at Japan's Defense Agency declined to comment on the reports.

Japan's decision to go ahead with the Taiwan study is believed to reflect the pro-Taiwan stance of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, according to Kyodo.

The US and Japan angered China in February 2005 with a joint declaration that easing tensions in the Taiwan Strait was part of their "common strategic objectives".

Under US legislation -- the Taiwan Relations Act -- Washington is required to provide Taiwan with "arms of a defensive character" in the event of a Chinese invasion of the island.

Sino-Japanese ties have been badly strained in recent years, in part over former prime minister Junichiro Koizumi's annual visits to a Tokyo shrine seen by other Asian nations as a symbol of Japan's past militarism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 12:33:15 |Display all floors

Taiwan can handle it, not a problem

I personally think Taiwan don't need any assistance from  the US.  Taiwan's military forces are modern and are trained by the US military.  Taiwan has also imporved their weapons tech too.  Taiwan has superior anti missles shield and has the HF 2 which can hit targets 1000 miles into China.
I  think Taiwan will do just fine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 16:48:11 |Display all floors

Head in the sand.

Dear writevince,

I am glad to see this superhuman optimism expressed in your post. I do hope that you are not a resident on that beautiful island or else when the action starts, BBQ cinders are going to be all over the place. Good luck. When you do go mutter  " I think Taiwan will do just fine ", yeah ?

Do note that the US has repeatedly told the world " We do not have friends only national interests ". Read my lips. You Taiwanese are not any more or less beautiful that Uncle Sam is going to give you something for nothing . The US has supplied all your arms, trained all your puppet troops and you think they have done all this for charity ? ! How childlike and naive are you ? How gullible and sad. Wake up and look into the mirror. That yellow face is not the flavour of this month, or any other month my good man. Wake up !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 06:12:44 |Display all floors

mengzhi

The problem with you is that you never quote any news articles in your posts,  thus expressing your own personal opinions is just not credible.  You never answer to the facts, and yet you continue to express your false opinions here.  Which makes you the LEAST credible person here in this site.  
    If you read the news, you will find out that Taiwan has invested alot of money into the HF 2 missles  that can strike 1000 miles in any direction.,  Taiwan has also displayed the new IDF jet fighters, and successfully tested and now in production cruise missles that are more accurate than the ones russia sold China.
    It is you who needs to wake up!  You are not even an American, and yet you try to speak for the white house in Washington?  That is just stupid.  
If you go to yahoo.com.usa,  and type in US military buildup in the pacific.  You will be shock to see the number of military hardware and troops being re located into the pacific.  
    Mengzhi,  go away, little fly.  Stop buzzing around.  you are just an annoyance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 06:15:16 |Display all floors

I found something interesting in the news.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 11:01:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by writevince at 2007-4-7 12:33
I personally think Taiwan don't need any assistance from  the US.  Taiwan's military forces are modern and are trained by the US military.  Taiwan has also imporved their weapons tech too.  Taiwan has superior anti missles shield and has the HF 2 which can hit targets 1000 miles into China.
I  think Taiwan will do just fine. ...

You're wrong.

We don't need to send PLA soldiers to unify China and get rid of separatists.

Just use an economy destroyer, to demolish the economic foundation and scare away investors from Taiwan.
Use a social terrorist, to create unease and calamities inside Taiwan society.
Use a political gangster, to blackmail even his own supporters and deepen the hatred.
Use a proven liar, to destroy the social harmony inside Taiwan.

We have this guy ah-bian!

He did it more effectively than any WMD we could think in this day, to destroy Taiwan capability.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.