Author: voice_cd

US urged not to sell arms to Taiwan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-25 00:48:39 |Display all floors
weapon ,carrot from the us,comes to nosense .
we can beat  it into ashes ,if we want to ,in spite of how many jets u have.
the key doesnt lie on this point .  the capital  is to improve the economy.
we need peace ,and the tw as well.
the reunifying is not as the boxing races.it is  complex and stubborn .
the two rivals all need time to consider,to count and to determine.
during the process ,chiding,misapprehending,conflicting to each other are inevitable .  we just need time,patience , confidence and a stronge will to wait for the very days

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 04:35:35 |Display all floors

Sabre rattling.

Dear ufucui,

Uncle Sam the American bully has run out of steam. He has only one weapon left : sabre rattling. The " empty vessels make most noise " variety. They have had incredible success throughout the centuries in threatening and beating people up . They were always done " for your own good ". Nowadays,  the Vietnamese, the Afghans and the Iraqis have shown that they do not care for such Tarzan jungle-jim chest thumping at all.

You are right , Chinese just want peace and calm. We have had war and tribulations up to our eyeballs for too long. Peace and leave us alone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 04:43:57 |Display all floors
It is the CCP which, all in all, has done more sabre-rattling than anyone else on the Taiwan issue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 10:07:25 |Display all floors

My echo chamber.

Irish,

Are you echoing me, stalking me or are you just mentally challenged ? Do you have a stammer and a twitch ? Taiwan is a non event on her own. It is a drop-kick on the political stage, without friends and without a future. State something reasonable next time instead of just echoing my words. I do not take that as a compliment. Don't you have any original thoughts in that cranium ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 23:58:07 |Display all floors
You can't deny that it is the PLA which is threatening to instigate actions which would kill millions of Chinese people by invading Taiwan!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 00:02:05 |Display all floors
"without friends and without a future"

I think you might be suprised at how furious the American public would be in the event of the PLA "entering the Taiwan Straits" as they so euphemistically enjoy putting it. Despite a certain level of war-weariness from the Iraq conflict, any misstep on the part of the CCP would lead to demands for a furious response from the American public. At the very least, trade would come to a grinding halt, devestating China's economy as well as the US. A military response is also not unthinkable; any such move would be percieved by the both pragmatic and idealistic leaders as a threat to the US' position.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 15:43:59 |Display all floors
Mengzhi,

Big Circle was former Red Guards and originated in China.  Strictly speaking I doubt they re Triad which is a Hong Kong thing.

Though both can easily pass for businessmen these days and are at the forefront of pushing and promoting China Rising all across the globe.

I am surprised you do not know that and were rather dismissive when you made reference to them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.