Views: 5439|Replies: 14

More Shanghaiese rush to marry foreigners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-22 14:34:07 |Display all floors
Shanghai Daily: Nearly 3,000 Shanghainese tied the knot with people from 55 overseas countries and regions last year, growing 22.97 percent from a year earlier, Wenhui Daily reported today.
The average age gap between Shanghai women and their foreign husbands is 10.5, and 13 percent of the foreign husbands are 20 years older than their local brides, the report said.

However, divorces in foreigner-involved marriages also reached 355 last year, the report said, claiming it to be a "significant increase" without giving a comparison.

Some locals regard the marriage as a chance to become rich or go abroad, which causes the divorce, said Shu Xin, a member of the Committee of Marriage and Family Affairs.

Some Shanghai women marry foreigners without considering the entire situation, and when they reach foreign countries, they feel depressed because reality is far from their expectations, Shu said.

[ Last edited by voice_cd at 2007-3-23 01:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 15:06:18 |Display all floors

Oh yes, and Chengdu is the same

Girls are rushing to marry me here!

Actually they are  not!

Rushing to get away yes!

I know how China can get an easy gold in the olympics running competitions - women's finals

Just put me with a bunch of flowers behind the starting line - I shout "I love you!"

and those girlswill run to gold for sure!

(To the Chinese olympic committee - I charge 10,000 RMB per hour (plus expenses) for this serice)

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 15:30:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-3-22 15:06
Girls are rushing to marry me here!

Actually they are  not!

Rushing to get away yes!

I know how China can get an easy gold in the olympics running competitions - women's finals

Just put ...

I think this your comment is insulting.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 15:33:44 |Display all floors
I think northwest is a thin-skinned pansy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 17:38:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 19:28:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by irishinuk at 2007-3-22 17:33
I think northwest is a thin-skinned pansy.

Oh now you've gone and done it. There'll be tears!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 20:22:13 |Display all floors

Life is process.

frankly,i am long for going abroad someday in the future.i ever married a foreigner .but now, i do think chinese man is the best choice for me.because we could share many things each other.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.