Author: superkylin

Theme Challenge, for all you creative people! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-22 08:19:33 |Display all floors
umm...I don't think art has to focus on positive...it's a way to express, life is not only filled with sunshine and smile....pain and suffer, as love are everlasting, and eternal themes. otherwise...we shall remove Edvard Munch, James Ensor from artists list....

now do we have any more entries here? if no we could move on to next theme.... any suggestions? =D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 08:31:36 |Display all floors
surely freaky can come up with something :) yep despair is more severe :) why go half the way when you can get right down to the bad stuff :) I will find it hard to do any emotion other than bad emotions :) I get all my inspiration from past sadness , but I will give it a try
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 09:18:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i_smuggle at 2007-3-22 02:05
kind of bums me out that the very first theme for a really great idea of a thread has to be such a "downer"
*shrug*

in my opinion, art is about lifting the spirit and infecting the m ...

dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 09:21:50 |Display all floors
I don't think it is a downer mira :) I think it's kinda cool
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 09:29:42 |Display all floors
Thank you spook~ ^^
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 09:40:55 |Display all floors
i dont get it... so how do i win?
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 09:41:03 |Display all floors
In fact, the most powerful paintings, pictures or drawings or music i've seen or listened to are those expressing dark things.
Pain, poverty, famine, disease, disaster, death(which also had the meaning of ORGASM in many literature works in Shakespears times), tragic love, sadness, "depression", sense of loss... if we take all these away from our "art", i wonder what do we have left...what's art gonna be like.
dead

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.