Views: 25968|Replies: 84

专访重庆“史上最牛钉子户”:我不是刁民(C-E) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-20 18:52:40 |Display all floors
专访重庆“史上最牛钉子户”:我不是刁民

有谁可以翻译好这句话吗?我想了半天也不会。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:31:27 |Display all floors
"ding zi hu" refers to the residents who defy the local government's order of moving out of their homes for settlement. These households are usually dislocated by some commercial projects and are compensated by the developers ( or government) but in many cases the compensation is hardly enough to start a new home. Therefore they refuse to move, even when construction is proceeding around ( literally) their homes. Thus the creation of the most astonishing scene on earth.

I guess the English equivalent is very hard to find. Actually I wonder there is one. Few countries would have implemented such highhanded policies on re-location issues resulting from new constructions ( commercial or governmental) as China has. In many countries, the compensation for relocating residents is so high that their government would not even consider it. It opts to detour the residential areas in the case of building a highway, for example.

I've considered "squatter" but after a second thought  deemed it inappropriate, because "squating" is unlawful, while ding zi hu, are legal households that have been living in their homes probably since day one.
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:49:14 |Display all floors
Househusband, You are a very cool bilinguist indeed. Though you don't give a good translation for it, your interpretation does impress me a lot, especially the way how you weight each word... I ADMIRE YOUR ENGLISH!

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2007-3-20 08:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 22:25:13 |Display all floors
Special interview with "the most die- hard to-be-moved household in Chongqing on record": I ain't tricky

Could anyone botch it or give a good version?

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2007-3-20 10:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 22:33:22 |Display all floors

my try

Hi:

I would say "an exclusive interview with China's most stubborn house owner, who calims he is not this country's trouble-making citizen."

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-3-20 10:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-21 07:21:07 |Display all floors

FYRO

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-21 07:50:45 |Display all floors

FYRO ^_^

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.