Views: 8578|Replies: 14

any American comic is good for english [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-20 17:00:33 |Display all floors
i am 22 years old ,but i am still keen for cartoon.
can everybody recommend me any english  comic ,for examle-transforners? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 19:49:15 |Display all floors
I'm much older than you, but love comics too:-) I don't believe there is any age limit for comics. I still love much of the stuff I used to enjoy in childhood.

How about the "Tintin" series? Really good stuff, IMO (except the first one or two in the series). Also available for free download on some torrent website.

Some of my childhood favourites: Archie, Mandrake, The Phantom, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Casper (the friendly ghost), Spooky (the tough little ghost), Richie Rich (the poor little rich boy), Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, ...

Many of the recent comics have become quite poor in quality of late, with bad, complicated language and meaningless expressions. Also, the ideas in the story have lost their innocence, and have turned into cynical adult thinking. Not all comics can be of help in improving your language. You need to be a bit choosy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 11:41:28 |Display all floors
wow changcheng you must be ancient, i've only heard of those comics when old people get nostalgic

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-27 17:59:34 |Display all floors
Well, I guess those comics are timeless, really
They had great stories in the first place, which made all the difference.

If you read Japanese comics, you'll see that they are all about pretty faces and bird brains (with apologies to birds).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 07:13:23 |Display all floors
you are right! we need more batman

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 11:27:33 |Display all floors
I agree that cartoons, comic strips, and children's books are a fun way to learn a language. I read lots of children's books in chinese. When I was learning french I loved my kid's magazine with cartoons in it.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-6 22:43:59 |Display all floors

Asterix

Does no one read Asterix comics any longer? I know in the US most kids (or adults) haven't heard of them.
Great fun too, and there was a time when all I knew about the Roman Empire was based on the series!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.