Author: desperado123

what would happen if U.S. forces pull out right now? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-20 09:31:20 |Display all floors
Changabula, I think you underestimate the strength of sectarianism in the Middle East. While Vietnamese conflict sprang from relatively shallow political differences and power plays, the sectarian violence in Iraq is the result of a centuries-old conflict within Islam which has existed for most of the history of Islam. It's not going away any time soon. I think a strong analogy can be drawn between the Middle East today and Europe during the Inquisition. There is a real fear among Sunni Arabs that Shi'ite Iran is becoming more powerful and is turning Sunnis away from the "true faith" and towards what they see as the "kufr" of Shi'ite Islam.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 10:50:22 |Display all floors

American Humanitarian Angels

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 21:32:46 |Display all floors
replay ----convair1948-----
   All i can say is the beginning of this Iraqi war is a big big mistake . After all it is you Americans that bring all this nightmare to Iraqi people . whether demecratic or not , Iraqis could live their normal and  peaceful life under Saddam's government .but after  Americans' invasion Iraqis  don't know if they are still alive next second .
   i don't agree with American withdrawl policy because it 's you Americans gave rise to all  this mess . undoubtedly , you should end up this mess .  
   Dno't complain about other countries's condemnations . Thinking aoubt those  civilians killed  for nothing in this so-called  liberation and defensive war . Americans pledged to give them freedom and rights but tears and death were all they  got !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 23:17:42 |Display all floors
not really

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 14:48:46 |Display all floors
This is now the start of the fifth year of a totally unnecessary, immoral and illegal war. The world is impotent in offering any help because this quagmire is too thick and messy, and becoming messier.

I would be honest and say that it disturbs me not if the Yanks want to stay in Iraq for the next ten years. Throwing good money and lives after bad is not what normal nations would do but than not many nations go by the name of USA.

As Chang has pointed out, this rhetoric was proffered during the Vietnam war : must never relinquish the line against the yellow hordes , the Domino theory of an avalanche of baddies rolling all the way into Australia and New Zealand. Shock and horror for all !!

I would like to remind ourselves that 5 years and one day ago Iraq was in fact a stable, secure and peaceful country with a high standard of living. Someone came along, beat up a hornets' nest and now blaming everyone else for the sins.  There is really NO logic, reason or intelligence shown in this dog's dinner of a botched foreign policy. If the Yanks and the coalition of the conned want to stay , they are welcomed to it. There is no better recruiting department for Al-Qaeda than the continued occupation and abuse of the locals. Poor us bystanders will have to keep wringing our hands for years to come yet. Happy hunting.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 14:57:59 |Display all floors
im  nt a warlike .but i support the u.s.   
i think the world nations .need a head,and the u.s .is the very one.
   no nice words.no nice tone.we need progresses,all the world wide.
      i dont think china can stand such a  peak without the influence of the u.s.
          just turn back to 40 yearsago ..untill 1978 we want to accept the ideas of the u.s.    ,and till then we learn how to race with the  trend .     so we succeed .

there is a finished througfare,whynt  follow the footprint to the fantastic.
      maybe u will say its a dignity problem .but i think most of the iraqi would like the u,s.  justice.   there is too many precedents  ,jp .south korea ,the federal germany
   .  i cannt imagine what a mess the world is w ithout the u.s justice.  nuclear bomb ,area wars,national crime...oh my god..totally out of control...

the u.s. is a responsable nation .she is super developed. super rich .super  powerful ,super intelligent,super  wise .  the nation need a head,and the nations as well. no amerika.no british .no germany.no jp,no irak,no china,no south korea,no north korea. we are all the sons  of the  blue sky.and blue earth .wars is not  only the business of  the u.s.  the u.s.  just fulfil his duty as the superest nation .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 21:43:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by irishinuk at 2007-3-20 09:31
Changabula, I think you underestimate the strength of sectarianism in the Middle East. While Vietnamese conflict sprang from relatively shallow political differences and power plays, the sectarian  ...

You are a dumb idiot!

Do you know how many centuries those people lived in peace with each other?
Someone said about 1400 years!

Who do you think is behind the "divide and conquer" strategy that is now slapping them in the face?

BTW You obviously don't know what was said when the Americans said they were leaving Vietnam! They thought worse was going to happen. Get your facts right before you open your dumb mouth!

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-3-21 09:46 PM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.