Post time 2007-4-20 09:12:13 |Display all floors
i have no idear about this
at  one hand i want to give our child more time to play to do their own thing
at the other hand the society judge children  by their mark
so somtimes i ready don't know what i should do

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-20 10:05:36 |Display all floors

Extra half-hour sleep for pupils hailed

Shi Jingshan District of Beijing announced on Tuesday that the school time of the 33 elementary schools in the district would be postponed by half an hour to eight o' clock in the morning from the coming school year to guarantee pupils more sleep.

The district's education commission now is discussing the plan in detail with the 33 elementary schools, setting about to call of the half-hour morning self-study time to start the first class from eight o' clock.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-04/19/content_854560.htm
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 09:17:32 |Display all floors
It is not surprised that so many students lack of sleep. In China, the great burden of study make students no time to sleep, let alone play. The action that primary and junior high school sutdents can go to school 15minutes later than did previously can not change the situation that students lack of sleep. Only the society ligthen the great study burden on the students, can these students have a long time and good sleep. Best wishes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 09:20:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-4-13 20:06

No, not your government - your kids are YOUR OWN FUTURE and THEIR FUTURE: thus it's not the government that should shoulder responsibiility - it's YOU!

Why do Chinese always ask The Governm ...

I strongly agree with your statement that our kids are our own future not others'. We should make great effort to help children out of great study burden and have a good sleep

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 16:08:44 |Display all floors
What a pity, Chinese parents seem to have such a crazy idea that standard genius were good at studying in class and have  high marks in exam. Now in china the government education system is drop behind. Specially the college eduction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 16:27:55 |Display all floors
Good education only suits critical thinking and individualization.
The problem with the education in China, is the problem China has with democracy.

There's no quick-fix.
Study abroad one year if you can.
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 12:18:30 |Display all floors
lacking sleep is not fearful. each successful people have a process of working hard.
the real fearful things are what the time is used for. if the time is used in the education only for the axamination. it is deplorable. it is a pity that the students all over the China are spending their valuable youth on useless working.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.