Author: voice_cd

Survey: Housewife or Career Woman, which would you prefer?  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-20 04:31:06 |Display all floors
I didn't get a $160,000 education just to sit on my butt at home... I would definitely rather be a career woman.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-3-20 04:36:00 |Display all floors

hi

Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-3-20 04:31
I didn't get a $160,000 education just to sit on my butt at home... I would definitely rather be a career woman.

Hi I have not seen you here for a long time.
To be honest at this particular time I would rather be neither a carreer woman nor a housewife.
I would like to be just a traveller .I suffer so much because of this carreer.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 05:07:02 |Display all floors

just call me mister mom...

i started working since i was 15 years young (actually i was working for myself to have my little enterprise going on when i was in middle school by breeding fighter cocks...at the time i was considering an entrepreneuer of my era...brought in some little money & ev'rybody in the family was happy happy).  now, i have seen it all & i am tire...it's time for someone to take charge & that ain't gonnabe me...did i tell you that i'm tire from all those working years.  i just wanna stay home & cook a meal or two...and THAT is IT !!!  i am not a lazy bum; even machine breaks down sometime.  but i am still outhere to earn my paycheck...ain't that life is a b....?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 12:38:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-3-19 19:14
I would prefer a career woman , the reason is simple , I am a career man , I found out late that to have a career is to have independance and security , a woman needs a certain independance and she ...

I hope that if i would find a right man like you...

but I know to be  a house wife that your husband must have strong financial backups to allow you to be a happy housewife..
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 20:45:03 |Display all floors

-

Personally I would take either or both as a mate. I don't have a problem with a woman with a career or who wants to stay home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 23:27:22 |Display all floors

a housewife~~~

now it's a half-half...

Once i was impressed by a TV show in which the hostess said being a housewife was also a career and not easy to carry on. Housewife means more than staying at home, doing washing and cleaning. It is a job for a wife to manage a family in an all-round way, if not finanically.

I want to be a perfect housewife one day, if my husband has no problem with that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 07:25:59 |Display all floors
Only got one vote with two points, oh unfair!

1. I'd like to stretch the housewife-thingy a bit farther.  How about an educated wife who teaches her kids at home full time? I meant home schooling, the kids stay at home and don't go to school.

2. Recently, there is one extraordinary phenomenon taking place quietly and sweeping through the North American continent, which is called as "The super women are coming home!". More and more career women are dropping out of the corporation rat race or quitting their high profile professional positions, coming home and staying at home and taking care of their kids. They usually stay at home for about five years on average, some of them re-enter the workforce, and some start their own business later on.

The survey result has shown that most of those women did not regret their choices and enjoyed the quality time they have spent with their kids and families, although they have given up their careers.

As a guy, I salute those women!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.