Author: freakyqi

survey about THIS chinese name [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-19 22:33:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2007-3-19 13:15
....but is that a chinese surname or a chinese translation of one's own surname?

Um... I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sure you know An is an actual chinese surname, though not among the most common. Are you asking why An was chosen as the surname? If that's what you want to know, I'll explain the reasons for everything after I get some more votes. First I just mostly want to know if it's REALLY manly or if it can really be used for either.

And, if someone just SAYS the name, without seeing the hanzi, would it SOUND like a man's name or woman's or neither?

Is it too strange to have a male & female name mixed together like that?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 23:33:06 |Display all floors
the hanzi(Chinese characters) are very good,but it sound not so good.
Yixin (毅欣)has the identical pronunciation with 疑心,witch means suspicion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 23:33:50 |Display all floors
wrong,i cant post

[ Last edited by land_yu at 2007-3-19 11:44 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 23:43:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-18 15:37
Please only answer if you are chinese or fluent in chinese and have heard a lot of chinese names.

Check as many boxes as you like, and please be honest.

frankly, the hanzi (Chinese characters) looks very good,but it sounds not so good.
Yixin(毅欣)has the identical pronuciation with 疑心, which means suspicion.bad meanings,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 23:53:28 |Display all floors
it's a nice name, and sounds more like a woman's name, i like it. ^_^
come on, my friend!:)
cpyang@msn.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 13:26:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-19 22:33

Um... I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sure you know An is an actual chinese surname, though not among the most common. Are you asking why An was chosen as the surname? If that's what you want t ...

I'm not so sure what I mean...too... yep, it's something like that...last time I saw a man give himself a chinese name with surname li....well it looks kind of odd to me....
nice name though, just the look of the name remind me of male names especially  毅...欣 is somewhat female...if it's 安逸欣....it's female....安毅欣 could be a cool name for a woman who is strong inner :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 15:52:26 |Display all floors
My friends name : 王毅欣
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
So it's ok.
If I make some mistakes, I do appreciate someone who can correct me.PMP

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.