Author: pendragon

Guantanamo, the shame of a generation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-25 13:50:44 |Display all floors
Irish,

Are you able or willing to contribute to this Guantanamo Bay shame or are you happy just to do your little hobby of China-bash ?  Irish politics is too warped for my liking. No future in that place. There must be more Irish out of than in Ireland. True ? Lucky ducky.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 15:18:33 |Display all floors
You asked me where I stand on the Irish political spectrum, so I answered you. Happy?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 15:19:47 |Display all floors
"No future in that place."

Oh, so *that's* why Ireland is the fourth richest country on earth on a per-capita basis as well as the nation enjoying the most press freedom and civil liberties on the planet. Glad you cleared that up.

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-3-25 06:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 15:22:25 |Display all floors
As for Guantanamo Bay, I believe it is wrong for the US to establish a camp for detaineed so far from the theatre of combat. The US should keep detainees in Iraq and Afghanistan respectively.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 18:17:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-25 06:57
But you must learn to " discuss " not bad-mouth...

Do as I say, not as I do.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 18:24:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-25 15:50
No future in that place. There must be more Irish out of than in Ireland. True ? Lucky ducky.  ...

Yeah, one of Ireland's biggest and most successful exports was Irish people themselves.

This was due to life being a bit tough there over the years up to and beyond Irish independence.

But if you look at how the emerald isle has turned itself around, especially in the last 30 or so years, to be a leading economy in Europe, with an educated, multi-lingual hard working workforce with a high standard of living. Ireland is often quoted as an example of how to re-position and re-market the country as a place to do business.

Don't even think about putting the place down with your racist stereotypes, you just make yourself look even more foolish.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 18:47:48 |Display all floors
Ireland must be the only nation on Earth simeltaneously without hope and with a GDP per capita of over $50,000. The hundreds of thousands of Poles, Romanians, Bulgarians, Nigerians, Chinese, and members of plenty of other nationalities besides pouring over our borders to escape poverty, corruption and lack of opportunity in their own countries must be evidence of just how little hope there is in Ireland, eh, Mengzhi?

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-3-25 06:52 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.