Author: pendragon

Guantanamo, the shame of a generation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-22 19:12:22 |Display all floors

The coward's castle.

Dear froth-in-zee-mouth,

It is not good enough to say that the Americans are LESS cruel, sadistic and psychopathic than someone else. The preacherman has been using his megaphone to tell the world how wonderfully charitable, kind and warm his tribesmen are. So why this " I am less evil than him" sort of excuses ?

The footage and information of tortures like those of the Abu Ghraib variety were not revealed by the authorities but by brave journalists and officials not connected to the prison. I raise my hat to these small band of courageous Americans like S. Hersh . The first reaction to any such leaks is to try and capture the leaker, not to look into the crime.

I think it is out of your depth here froth. Better men have tried to cover these crimes against humanity with that little fig leaf and failed. You should not even get involved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-24 22:18:36 |Display all floors

Reply #19 jetsam's post

As usual your inference that the US created the Geneva Convention is absurd. In addition it applies only to nations signatory to it ! (On this point alone - because the US did sign it) I fully agree that the US government {not it's people} disregarded the treatment of prisoners either political or war, and it is an illegal act against humanity!

Once more I am forced to agree with mengzhi overall in his post #18.

Once more your assertion concerning IRAQ as the most tramatic event in world history, "I think Not"  The entire world has a bad habit of repeating history, and it doesn't give a damn about what you call the nation or event.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-24 23:48:38 |Display all floors
Chinese chiding someone over political prisoners? At least they wont be executed at Guantanamo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 04:57:53 |Display all floors

Rooster one day, feather duster the next.

Turkey Kentucky,

Welcome to our little forum . By way of introduction let me advise you that there are some nasty " bad cops " around. Just a word to the wise, don't behave like the drunken sailor on shore leave. I am the " good cop " and I am mild and gentle , always ready and willing to engage in objective discussions. But you must learn to " discuss " not bad-mouth and spew those one-liners as you have just done here. If you think I am direct , wait till the others catch you. The last victim of theirs was not a sight to behold. It is too gorey to detail.

Have an enjoyable stay and I will try to look out for you. Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 05:09:02 |Display all floors
Kentucky: Don't worry about the pathetic mainland trolls around here, most of them couldn't beat their own sh*t, let alone anyone else in an argument. Here's an imaginary conversation me, Seneca, and Emucentral have had with the local trolls time and time again:

Rational forumite: What do you think about last years E&Y report on the state of China's NPLs?

Fenqing: YOU HATE CHINA, BARBARIAN! NOTHING YOU SAY MATTERS, BECAUSE CHINA IS MIGHTY! CHINA WILL NEVER BE HUMILIATED AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN WLL THE EVIL ANGLOS SAY NO CHINESE OR DOGS ALLOWED!! CHAIRMAN MAO SAID CHINA HAS STOOD UP!  ANGLOS ARE TRYING TO SPLIT CHINA BUT WILL FAIL! 400 YEARS IS ENOUGH! AMERIKKKA IS DYING AND IN HER LAST IMPERIALIST THROES!!11

Rational forumite: What effect do you think rural unrest may have on China's future development?

Fenqing: YOU HATE CHINA, BARBARIAN! NOTHING YOU SAY MATTERS, BECAUSE CHINA IS MIGHTY! CHINA WILL NEVER BE HUMILIATED AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN WLL THE EVIL ANGLOS SAY NO CHINESE OR DOGS ALLOWED!! CHAIRMAN MAO SAID CHINA HAS STOOD UP! ANGLOS ARE TRYING TO SPLIT CHINA BUT WILL FAIL! 400 YEARS IS ENOUGH! AMERIKKKA IS DYING AND IN HER LAST IMPERIALIST THROES!!11 (repeat x 1000)

Admittedly, that is more the Scareman version. Take it as a compliment if you will, Mengzhi, but at least your arguments are remotely rational, you do understand the concept of a logical debate...sometimes at least (even if you are prejudiced and a hopless racist), while Chang and Scareman rely on racist insults and foul language in an attempt to overwhelm debate with the simple quantity of their posts.

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-3-25 06:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 06:31:57 |Display all floors
Irish ( orange or green ? ),

Let the turkey speaks for himself . You are a scatter gun yourself , if you have not noticed. You jump from  pillar to post to avoid addressing the issues ,especially when you run out of ammunition ( which is most of the time ). Eg your faux pas with the theft of Chinese treasures by ganster Chiang in '49 , designed to prevent their destruction 10 years later ( '68 ). You skip the discussion with some inane mealy mouthig and thought you have sorted that  out.

Guantanamo Bay torture chambers will become synonymous with American lawlessness and a replay of the wild west days.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 06:45:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-25 06:31
Irish ( orange or green ? ),

I would probably vote for the Alliance Party or the Labour Party of Northern Ireland if I was resident in a NI constituency. Since I am not a NI resident, it is a rather hypothetical question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_Party_of_Northern_Ireland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_Party_of_Northern_Ireland

I will vote for the Progressive Democrats in my Irish (southern) constituency:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Democrats

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-3-25 06:47 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.