Author: pendragon

Guantanamo, the shame of a generation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-20 13:10:48 |Display all floors
I believe the current war is not a race war - but rather a political and sectarian one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 14:01:21 |Display all floors
I believe that the current war is over OIL ." Free and completely mine " oil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 20:33:36 |Display all floors

Reply #16 --- mengzhi's post...

You are correct.  The United States is waging war to protect the availability of oil... resource that is important to American national interests of keeping its economy running.

Not exactly 'free' though... billions of dollars and thousands of life are not a cheap price to pay.  But one many Americans do not think is worth the effort.  We will have to see if they still disagree if the future brings more expensive oil, and less of it, available to run the cars and heat the house of Americans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 04:31:03 |Display all floors

Bad and Sad.

Ah nos,

The " free " part backfired. Your comrades did not do their homework well, if at all. No programmes to win the hearts and minds, and no exit strategy. In sporting terms " took the eyes off the ball ". The oil was meant to be free : OK there will be a host of creative accounting such as " what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine ".

The inconvenient outcomes contrary to all those upbeat and euphoric utterences ( embarassing aren't they ? ) means that this lot of oil is not available, let alone free. Meantime back at the Crawford Ranch, the cowboy is counting his beans : billions down the drain and 3800 good young lives wasted at the alter of greed and avarice. Shame and pity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 05:13:36 |Display all floors

Reply #12 convair1948's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 05:16:21 |Display all floors

Rubbish! It's the Petrodollar stupid!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 09:19:03 |Display all floors

I have watched

The documentary "the road to Guantanamo" and can see that others here have seen the same program and form their conclusions based on that documentary . My response is that yes the interrogation techniques are harsh and unforchanetly a few innocent people that were at the wrong place at the wrong time were subjected to it BUT their are real terrorist killers their as well and in its in Americas interests to get
as much information as possible from them from whatever means necessary  . Listen, i have also watched on the Internet the pure horror
of an indecent person getting his head slowly hacked off by the terrorists with the chants of "god is great" in the background , nothing America has done to anyone will ever come close to that brutal act of savagery , the screaming of pure horror could be heard from the victim with his hands tied behind his back his screaming turned to helpless gurgling as his throat was sliced and eventually his head was cut clean off.
No American soldier would do What the terrorists have done , there is no comparison , so those of you that want to believe America is the bad guy and the terrorists are innocent i say you dont know what real evil is . Those of you that live in China probably haven't Seen the footage of people getting their head cut off by Islamic terrorists but i have and if you could see it you would change your tune about America being the bad people in this war of civilisations . If and let me say if the terrorists succeed in concurring America (which they wont succeed in) China would most certainly be next as you Chinese are most definitely considered "infidels" to the Islamic believers . You see America is fighting a fight that you in China would eventually have to fight yourselves if America is not successful today so give America its blessings and hope it defeats an enemy that will if left unchecked penetrate China itself!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.