Author: freakyqi

foreigners choosing a chinese name [Copy link] 中文

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-17 10:01:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 10:04:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by uj1982 at 2007-3-16 17:50
When I chose my name in chinese I only chose for fun and also so that chinese can pronounce it easily :)

my name is Umair and in chinese it is 乌麦尔.

When I chose these characters I followed ...

when I look at it..
I thought you were from Xinjiang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 12:08:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dostoevskydr at 2007-3-17 08:33

Umair is a Muslim name.
Numerology:Expression Number 8: People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and comm ...

Hmmm interesting :)

By the way from where did u get that Umair's Expression number is 8?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 20:52:53 |Display all floors
It is a good name. 安毅欣,The name is very neural and sounds a little bit masculine to me:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 21:00:08 |Display all floors
It is a good name though it sounds a little bit masculine to me. if you are a strong-willed lady, the name then is not any better than that one. you have made a wise choice already. congratulations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 00:43:37 |Display all floors
hi hivickyhi - (well that was fun to say)  Thanks for your suggestions, but the sound of the last two characters is not important, the meaning is. I want the meaning to match my real name's meaning, which is "willpower, inner strength, perseverance, etc.." that sort of thing. But thank you for giving it so much thought for me.

deepmemory - Thank you. Many people say it sounds masculine, but many also say it's not a bad thing, especially with Xin. I appreciate your input. :)

Simba - You are always so supportive! Thank you! But remember, I am trusting your judgment, Old Friend. So if you reconsider or think of anything new, please be honest with me about it, you can PM me anytime.

Like I said, if there is another character with a similar meaning to Yi, I would consider changing it. If not, perhaps I will settle into my new ... uh... manly name.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 01:46:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-16 00:10
Do foreigners ever choose bizarre or inappropriate names for themselves?

There are many foreigners have a bizarre names.....some of the names are interesting and cute....emmm....An Yixin....it's really a nice name...every character have a good meaning...i like your name~~:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.