Author: freakyqi

foreigners choosing a chinese name [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-16 22:39:56 |Display all floors

Chinese is (are?) blocked! ^_^

____.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 22:57:58 |Display all floors

安毅欣 (I can type chinese here, can't you?)

Thanks Simba, but it is the meaning of that one that is most important actually. That's the meaning of my surname, and I really like that meaning and want that meaning to be part of my name somehow. And that meaning is important to my personality, I know I do have a strong will, but I can't always find it, so I think I'd better keep it right there in the middle of my name so I always know where to find it. Plus, because it is so strong, it is a good stable base for the two end characters, which are a bit lighter and might float off at any moment. The end characters even look similar, so I think it's aesthetically well balanced too.

Although, if you could find another character that means willpower, or inner strength or something similar, and it had 14 strokes and sounded ok there, that'd be perfect. If there was one less stroke in the whole thing it would have the same numbers as my birthday.

Changchang & Jessme both said exactly what was said at the table when we were discussing it... a male friend said "that's a man's name", and a female friend said "oh that doesn't matter, women can use it now, and the other characters make it more female." haha... so the same conversation is happening here that happened with my coworker-friends. I'm glad to hear that....

It's ok with me if it's a little bit masculine, as long as it doesn't sound totally like a man's name. It's ok if it could be either though, or if it's unclear. In fact, that also suits me, haha... as a single mother, I've been both mother and father to my son! I'm not a girly type of girl anyway.

The surname part was chosen for both sound and meaning, and because I've always liked it.

I'm STILL OPEN to hearing MORE OPINIONS.
:)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 22:59:09 |Display all floors
Thanks Simba, but it is the meaning of that one that is most important actually. That's the meaning of my surname, and I really like that meaning and want that meaning to be part of my name somehow. And that meaning is important to my personality, I know I do have a strong will, but I can't always find it, so I think I'd better keep it right there in the middle of my name so I always know where to find it. Plus, because it is so strong, it is a good stable base for the two end characters, which are a bit lighter and might float off at any moment. The end characters even look similar, so I think it's aesthetically well balanced too.

Although, if you could find another character that means willpower, or inner strength or something similar, and it had 14 strokes and sounded ok there, that'd be perfect. If there was one less stroke in the whole thing it would have the same numbers as my birthday.

Changchang & Jessme both said exactly what was said at the table when we were discussing it... a male friend said "that's a man's name", and a female friend said "oh that doesn't matter, women can use it now, and the other characters make it more female." haha... so the same conversation is happening here that happened with my coworker-friends. I'm glad to hear that....

It's ok with me if it's a little bit masculine, as long as it doesn't sound totally like a man's name. It's ok if it could be either though, or if it's unclear. In fact, that also suits me, haha... as a single mother, I've been both mother and father to my son! I'm not a girly type of girl anyway.

The surname part was chosen for both sound and meaning, and because I've always liked it.

I'm STILL OPEN to hearing MORE OPINIONS.
:)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 00:18:36 |Display all floors

Reply #8 freakyqi's post

Now I understand!

So, just take it!  A strong will lady, you are the one!  

And a lady with strong will, of course, will be happy (xin, sorry, can't upload Chinese currently).

It seems you are more Chinese than a Chinese now.  I've never taken any notice of the number of the strokes in the names before, and now, I have noticed... ^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 03:03:58 |Display all floors

put a spell on you...

freakyqi--be careful of what you've wished for.  hoping your case is not like people having chinese's character tattoos on their arms & be like don't know what it says/means but look darn good (hope your 2sense's still intact, cuz too much sun is bad for you there).  so, would you care to tell me your new sexy lovely chinese's name...so that i can giggling a bit here on a cold snowny day).  true pal is not to miss!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2007-3-17 08:33:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by uj1982 at 2007-3-16 17:50
my name is Umair and in chinese it is 乌麦尔....

Umair is a Muslim name.
Numerology:Expression Number 8: People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 10:00:28 |Display all floors
well...
毅--I think this one is for ,...boys........

安以欣--
change 毅 to 以
hhaaaa.....

very "in"  hahaaa........

this is the best one I can come up with....
sounds really a good name...
like those names in xiao shuo ,,,,hehehe

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.