Author: noacts

Increase In China's Defence Spending Is Justified [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-16 18:53:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 02:57:32 |Display all floors

Reply #1 noacts's post

I think perhaps you misunderstand the "Western Concerns" you are speaking of here. China is long overdue a modernization of it's military forces. The concept of mass people to overcome a threat is no longer valid - since almost all the major military forces in the world can attack or defend from greater distances then the old battlefields.

China's current military buildup and modernization is welcomed by the western world overall, except when they preceive development of strictly "Offensive Weapon" development. Don't get excited here however, yes the US specifically and Russia have great arsenals of "urely Offensive weapons". (so of course they object and carry concern).

Aside of all the objections and press objections, China must protect it's people and it's security as a nation - so I am sure they will do so without this agust panel of experts!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 02:59:23 |Display all floors

Reply #1 noacts's post

I think perhaps you misunderstand the "Western Concerns" you are speaking of here. China is long overdue a modernization of it's military forces. The concept of mass people to overcome a threat is no longer valid - since almost all the major military forces in the world can attack or defend from greater distances then the old battlefields.

China's current military buildup and modernization is welcomed by the western world overall, except when they preceive development of strictly "Offensive Weapon" development. Don't get excited here however, yes the US specifically and Russia have great arsenals of "urely Offensive weapons". (so of course they object and carry concern).

Aside of all the objections and press objections, China must protect it's people and it's security as a nation - so I am sure they will do so, without this agust panel of experts!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 03:59:01 |Display all floors
china is able to protect herself 100%. no nation on earth could contemplate attacking china. After taiwan lost the ability in 70s, its just impossible.
Maybe china can invade taiwan and occupy taiwan soon, but at what cost? Puerto Rico = money talks, no need for nationalism. finland, fear talks, pragmatism. and now what?

china should wait for money to talk

let the yankees ruin themselves with their defence spending (/ isrerali R+D budget) like ancient rome did.

let them contain, china has no wishes to expand so containment matters nothing, right?

No country on earth can hope to invade china now, or ever in the foreseeable future without suffering a terrible defeat. china faces no threat now or in the future

the only people who can bring china down are chinese , from within. and contrary to the comical bullcrap some chinese tell me, the USA, JAPAN and all other countries have absolutely no intention to occupy taiwan if china doesnt.

Money spent on democratisation, equality, developing economic levers, developing a harmonious society and internal security are china's best options. tempting, rather than forcing. showing taiwan that CCp is not corrupt like taiwan ( thats a long way off) oh wait, im not that smart, thats what they are doing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 04:00:59 |Display all floors
the story of the athenians comes to mind here

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 05:17:39 |Display all floors
Of course China should be as strong militarily as she wants and needs to be.

i just wish that in this day and age the monies could be spent on other things.
Health care, education, R&D and environmental programs immediately spring to mind.

It's a shame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 12:59:09 |Display all floors

Colorfulwolf back on medication.....

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.