Views: 55052|Replies: 228

Increase In China's Defence Spending Is Justified [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-15 22:05:04 |Display all floors
Just look at how Australia and Japan signed defence pact (not really a threat for now but I believe it must be part of a bigger scheme). Australia is considering a defence pact with India too (after Dick Cheney's visit to Australia). And also look at the use of "China's threat" to renew Britain's Trident nuclear missile system (a country which is thousands milles away). Even if China does not increase it's defence budget, the West will always try to look for a reason to have a confrontation with China. I bet all of those agreement is not just planned a few weeks ago (after we announce there is an increase in defence spending), it must have been planned a few years ago in the plan to "contain" China's rise.

The more I hear the use of China's threat to increase their own countries military spending, it makes me more angry. China should get stronger and stronger (in economic and military) and let no Western countries bully China again.

[ Last edited by noacts at 2007-3-15 10:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 22:06:35 |Display all floors
The Communists would be soundly beaten in a confrontation with Japan, Australia, India and the US combined.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 22:12:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 22:33:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by irishinuk at 2007-3-15 22:06
The Communists would be soundly beaten in a confrontation with Japan, Australia, India and the US combined.

Why would Japan or India join the US and Australia, you moron?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 22:34:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by noacts at 2007-3-15 22:05
The more I hear the use of China's threat to increase their own countries military spending, it makes me more angry. China should get stronger and stronger (in economic and military) and let no Western countries bully China again.

I agree with you. We need more advanced weapons system.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 03:47:06 |Display all floors
You'll have to ask them. If a quadrilateral security treaty is established between the four powers, this will severely weaken the communists' position.

http://www.gmfus.org/publications/article.cfm?id=254

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-3-16 03:56 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 03:52:34 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by changabula at 16/3/2007 12:33 AM

Why would Japan or India join the US and Australia, you moron? [/quote

I thought this was a place where you could freely voice your opinion without some one calling you a moron , obviosly I was wrong , china is free to increase it's military spending if it want's to , it does not need anyones permision , all countries though have to remember that if they do then they are using money that could be better spent addressing other more important issues , health & afordable housing just to name two , if you are under the misconception that  military might  will keep your people safe then you are mistaken , no one would argue that the USA has the most technicaly advanced weapons in the world and still it has not kept it's people safe from the reach of radical extremists , china has it's own fight with these radical thinkers so china should know that more guns and soldiers will not stop them only education can stop that kind of sick mentality from spreading , china has nothing to fear from the west , north Korea on the other hand will be pulled into line .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.