Views: 4054|Replies: 6

spread themselves too thin [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-15 14:41:20 |Display all floors
VITAGLIANO: As time goes on, vendors have to do a better job in helping solution providers with their business models. I think what's happening is their business model has evolved over the years, and it's evolved from a scenario where there was just point product folks selling point products, if you will, to ones that are infinitely more solutions oriented. And those solutions include lots of things that they can provide in the form of services whether it's managed services or consulting, integration, etc. I think that will continue to evolve. And I think the differentiation will continue to evolve. And solution providers have to become experts in certain technologies and try not to spread themselves too thin.
明白意思:什么都想做、但一样都做不好;战线拉得过长而无力顾及
寻求更简炼的译法。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 15:25:23 |Display all floors
尽量不要太分散力量?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 19:06:30 |Display all floors
And solution providers have to become experts in certain technologies and try not to spread themselves too thin.

I think it means they should know everything about something, rather than something of everything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 19:51:27 |Display all floors

FYR

......try not to spread themselves too thin.

避免广而不实。

莫要泛泛其谈。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 23:34:37 |Display all floors
If you spread the 煎饼 batter too thin, you may make holes in it.
If you were not going to eat it, but use it to carry something, it would fall apart and not work.

You cannot be everywhere at once.
A Jack of all trades is a master of none.
It means someone is putting their attention in many places and is not successful because they are not focusing on one (or just a few) things.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 14:16:59 |Display all floors
谢谢诸位!
意思我懂,我寻求的是比较地道的说法。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 14:55:38 |Display all floors

my try

方案提供商只应对某些技术要精通,不要要求自己面面俱到

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.