Author: frothow

How China daily has enlightened me [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-29 10:34:23 |Display all floors

i love it

Well, i love it.  Chinadaily is updated on daily basis (upon my observation) so everyday i just can't help to read the news in the office.
Just love it.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-11 09:32:05 |Display all floors
voted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-11 09:32:19 |Display all floors
Support Z Global

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-27 21:48:40 |Display all floors

emucentral is pathetically laughable

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-5-10 20:20

Not so late, CaringHK.

HK could have a full universal suffrage democracy any time now. It's not forbidden under the basic law.

After 50 years (40 now) HK may well change to the system use ...

Having lived in Australia for almost 20 years, I found emucentral's naivity highly amusing (sadly). As far as I am concerned, democracy in the west had failed miserably, and its basic concept of 'seperation of powers' is fundamentally flawed, as I have seem too many Australians sufferring silently at the hands of  the abuses within the system, while the media and government busy diverting public attentions from its failure to uphold the core values of democracy by things like China Bash, such as the Tibet riot last year.

Democracy is not the solution for human societies, at least not at its current form. And people in the west are realising the benefits of communism more and more, while seeing the rapid development of China under its communist rule. I hope the misfunctional democratic system in Australia will be last longer than 50 years, if the governing body cannot uproot the corruptions deep within. Look what China had achieved in the last 50 years. I am sure Australians would be over the moon if the same could happen in Australia.

I will be praying for the continuous uprising of China, while watching the wrong-doers be brought to Divine Justice in Australia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-27 21:55:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reyquer at 2007-4-8 22:03
at this stage of human history, i still believe that no one has a fixed idea as to how democracy should look like or how should it work. we cannot say that democracy as it is practice in the usa ri ...

'Freedom of Press' is not guaranteed in the west despite its claim that such is fundamental to its democratic framework. Dissenting views in the west are not guaranteed to be aired, in fact they are very much suppressed by the mainstream media. Had there be true 'freedom of press', a lot of the abuses within the democratic system could had been detected and rectified.  

The truth is that democracy in the west is either on its dying end, or  needs to be seriously reformed.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-8-10 05:20:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frothow at 2007-3-15 11:52
As an American i have learned from this forum the opinions of America from non-American perspectives . Some of it is just hateful but some is thoughtful and constructive criticism that makes me thi ...

WRONG OH SO WRONG
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 07:42:16 |Display all floors
like buddha

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.