Author: zglobal

Deport McDonalds [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-15 22:23:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-3-15 11:52
We can all learn from the McDonald's process - they can serve almost identical food products, at almost the same relative price anywhere in the world. This is an amazing achievement!

You are a simpleton!

Is that amazing for you?
I think that we should attach a health warning to what you say!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 22:27:29 |Display all floors
McDonald's finds more trans fats in french fries

McDonald's has just "discovered" its french fries contain far more trans fats than previously thought. This is devastating news to McDonalds customers who, as we know, are spuriously concerned with the nutritional content of the food they somehow manage to swallow.

McDonald's claims that new measurement techniques caused the trans fat figures to leap by 1/3 to 8 grams of artery-destroying trans fat per serving of large fries. It makes you wonder about the other nutritional information McDonald's is about to start printing on its food wrappers, doesn't it?

Then again, it also begs the question: Do people who eat at McDonald's actually read nutrition labels? And if so, can they possibly understand them? Apparently McDonald's doesn't. The restaurant chain is just now figuring out how to measure trans fats -- a technology that has existed for decades.

I'm still glad McDonald's restaurants exist, though. They make great restroom stops on long highway trips (those big signs are so easy to spot, even when you think you can't hold it another mile). I haven't actually purchased anything from McDonald's in the last eight years, but I have entered their buildings via the side door near the restrooms. All McDonald's restaurants smell exactly the same, have you noticed? There's nothing quite like the consistency of factory food mixed with chemical taste additives.

1. http://www.newstarget.com/019310.html
Copy code
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 00:03:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 12:49:59 |Display all floors

So successful

Yes, as I said McDonald's business model is exemplary

Such efficiency

Such standardisation

Such applicability

Such market exploitation

All from Neanderthals!

:)

Plus, so many independent organisations steal their food and analyse samples so we know exactly what is in it

but I haven't a clue what is in those greasy bits of BBQ'd meat they sell by the roadside in China

(well actually, lots of trans-fats, plenty of nitrosamines from the fire, a ton of toxins from the road dust the food is coated with, and no vegeatables at all - not even a bread bun.)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 13:13:37 |Display all floors
changabula wrote:

''Do people who eat at McDonald's actually read nutrition labels? And if so, can they possibly understand them?''

English media was regularly publicising how nutritionally bad popular meals like ''Big Mac Meal'' are. Presumably this affected sales because McDonalds responded with a variety of healthier options. For example, now chicken features as an alternative to beef. You can still buy a Big Mac Meal but consience dictates that we have to eat lettuce.

I understand that a Big Mac Meal has enough calories to provide westerner (or about 2 Chinese girls) sufficient energy for 1 day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 13:22:24 |Display all floors

Energy!

Originally posted by fatdragon at 2007-3-16 13:13

I understand that a Big Mac Meal has enough calories to provide westerner (or about 2 Chinese girls) sufficient energy for 1 day." ...

Nope,

I won't say it

I will resist the temptation!

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 13:42:47 |Display all floors
zglobal wrote:

''I know one foreigner that looked like he was on deaths door when he moved here. You wouldn't recognize him now.''

Most of us go the other way. After the cultural shock of being introduced to Chinese food, most of us go on a hunger strike untill we can identify suitable compromises.

I have tried McDonalds and Kentucky and Pizza (something - Hut/Express). I am suspicious that McDonalds is not being produced to the universal standard (texture is`wrong)and Kentucky seem to have replaced a slice of meat with a slice of fat. As for Pizza (something), just as bad as the UK but with weird combinations.

I have now given up the fast food chains in favour of ''Milan Pizza'' - a Chinese pizza restaurant in Chengdu next door to B&Q in the south of the city. This restaurant understands a good Italian pizza and serves it in classy surroundings. It's probably almost as unhealthy as the fast food chains - but it tastes so much better. I just wish I didn't have to brave Chengdu driving to get there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.