Deport McDonalds [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-15 13:34:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 13:44:14 |Display all floors

They never close!

That's another thing about them; they are open everyday - even Chinese New Year

Such dedication!

Anyway, even if the renovate one, there are another 3 or 4 around here!

BMF01.jpeg
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 16:26:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-3-15 09:27
Anyone noticed two things...

1. Chinese have about the best body fat levels in the world.
2. There are the first hints of the Chinese people getting fat

Just hang around at McDonalds and yo ...

zglobal:

A good post! At first I thought that it was frivolous but on second thoughts realise the devastating effects on peoples health.

Its a serious health warning to the Chinese!

Even western countries are starting to warn against the problems caused by fast foods such as McDonalds. Studies are starting to show the effect on people's health and the cost to the health services worldwide.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 16:43:25 |Display all floors
Well, to me KFC and McDonalds are really bad place to have meals or even take some snacks. The food are expensive and with little healthy nutrient, they are the factory of obesity. But still many youngster in China like to go to have junk food. Althougha large part of them just meet friends or take care of other things in these fast food resturants, they still imbible much fat. I really wonder when our indigenous resturants can overtake these junk food factories... I guess when most young people start to care about their body weight and take a healthy diet the situation will get better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 17:01:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 17:22:19 |Display all floors
It is a good topic and some Chinese community is raising campaigns to fight this "junk" trend. After China opens its door, of course there will be annoying and detrimental stuff coming in, we just need to be more discerning. Use Chinese people's wisdom.
Learn to be independent!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 22:20:31 |Display all floors
I've put on stacks of weight SINCE I came to China - and I v.rarely eat at mcdonalds or pizza hut or anything.  I eat far less dairy than I did in the UK, far less 'western food'.  

Chinese food is swimming in oil!  Since I got married and settled down with Mrs RD, I have found the food to be extremely fattening!  God knows how they all stay thin.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.