Author: herifle

what's the image of china in the foreigners' eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-22 17:43:47 |Display all floors
Annoying things:

-Chinese people don’t respect queue. (In subway station, Vending machine, Ticket locket, Fast food cashier, etc)
-When traveling by bus/plane/train Chinese often took off their shoes, which their socks (sometimes) releasing bad odor.
-Some Chinese people still spitting everywhere (but its better now, comparing with few years ago.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 19:00:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 19:09:11 |Display all floors
To be honest: how could you possibly find the mainland better than HK? Are these among your complaints: an honest, transparent civil service, Clean, well-maintained streets, An independent judiciary, Freedom of speech, a professional police force, consumer protection laws...

Your "craziness" remark speaks volumes... hey, if you like things to be crazy that much, why not try Sierra Leone or Hillbrow in Johannesburg? Bet you'd feel really alive there!

Personally, I prefer countries to be well-governed and not crazy. But that's just my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 19:34:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 23:24:00 |Display all floors

Where are the guys?

Where are the guys on this BB usually say west hates chinese, west disrespect chinese, west don't accept how good chinese are?

Seems like everybody says hey western people like china, like chinese people, hope things keep getting better for chinese people.  China not perfect, no place perfect.  People see some things they like to change but still like China.

Sound like friendship breaking out all over!

Good thread.  Positive thought.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-23 16:20:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-3-22 19:00
red_devil. Let's not get too prissy about it. Have you heard of such as thing as "colour" when talking about a country or people. It means a lot of humanity, commotion, a little crazy. It's the kind of atmosphere that makes you feel alive.

I agree about color, but still.. I think it's better if Chinese people learn to respect queue. It’s not about color anymore, it’s about being civilized.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-23 16:44:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.