Views: 5775|Replies: 14

Do you think that to exaggerate resume is okay ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-13 09:19:27 |Display all floors
Do you think that to exaggerate resume is okay ?

To exaggerate your resume, people hold different opinions of whether we should follow this idea.

Last Sunday, we have a heated debate on this topic. So, why we care about the resume things? I believe everyone has experience of applying a job, most of us have to make a resume and send to the ideal company which we want work for, but the percentage of reply your resume is quite low,   cause compare to available positions , there is too many applier. HR has no much time to check every resume, they prefer the one more experienced and talented from the description of resume, therefore, many people believe that if you exaggerate your resume , you make yourself get more interview opportunities.

Actually, the first conflict came from different attitude about to decorate resume , one side think to decorate resume is one of the way to exaggerate , like have a attractive cover, beautiful margin, big colorful pictures, but others do not think so. Also, we get a agreement , that is to decorate resume is useless, even worse.

The second conflict came from different attitude about honest, many people treat exaggerating on resume as a cheating behavior, that means you are a liar, sooner or later, you will be found out, you have to undertake what you have done.
But the other side believe it can be in a manner without any motivation to cheat, we know that what you did can not real reflect your talent sometimes, since you are capability enough ,you can exaggerate ,in this case, to exaggerate in a proper way is useful.

Whatever, we should to be natural , when you exaggerate your resume, that makes you have a feeling that you are cheating on yourself, anyway, you are over the line. We know, honest is one of the basic virtues of human being.

To me , also to everybody, I believe what crucial is the skills to develop a resume , how to make your resume be more attractive by presenting and illustrating all your ability and excellent performance in brief words.

if you hold different ideas, pls let us know.

Crystal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 09:56:05 |Display all floors

were you born yesterday...

ev'ryone that i know is bs their way thru their resume & interview (except you but you will after this, so i won't take to much of your time).  that's how you marketing yourself so that the company opens the door for you to come in.  if you don't do that then your resume is just to plain & miserable to read (some people even use color paper for their resume/cover letter to get lightning strike speed to catch attention.  but do it carefully & remember your interviewer doesn't know who you really are, so tell 'em what they want to hear...use reverse psychology with a twist.   goodluck & knock 'em dead!

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2007-3-12 08:58 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 20:06:22 |Display all floors
""that's how you marketing yourself so that the company opens the door for you to come in.  ""I agree with this opinion.
but why u said "we were born in yesterday", are u bron in tomorrow??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 20:40:57 |Display all floors

oh you want it more...

aiya ya my 2sense in not working right for you. this phrase is used to describe people without knowledge or common sense like me sometime.  just practice say it out loud few times then i think you will get the meaning.  bye!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 17:11:05 |Display all floors
No, it's not ok. Because you may be a victim of your own exaggeration afterwards.  It's not righteous

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 17:22:29 |Display all floors

oh? thanks HIY! for sharing the weird news.

个人告诉网友: 每日北京时间晚8:00后,所有含中文字符的帖子(包括签名)都将不能显示(可能是技术故障),请提问题者记住要及时保留好问题资料,以免提交后帖子丢失给您造成烦恼和重新输入的不便~!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 17:37:57 |Display all floors
to Liuchang:

I personally think it is not a good idea to 'lie' in any forms. Resume tells something about you but it is not everything about you. I see some job hunters do make some exaggerations in their personal statements. I don't know if they have got what they want finally.

If  most of the  hunters around you are trying to ' beautify' their statements, your true and simple resume might earn  you a surprise bonus. That's my humble opinion only.  One thing is very clear, that those who want to recruite down-to-the- earth employees can see you through even if  you verbally beautify yourself.

And I agree with what HIY has said. We all reap what we have sown finally. Be intelligent in the initial stage.
If I am in search of employees, I would rather get honest workers than those who tend to cheat and lie. Credit and integrity count.

Wish all the job hunters good luck.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.