Views: 2211|Replies: 2

Talk about your graduate student experience, if you are or were a graduate stu. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-12 10:41:50 |Display all floors
I am an graduate stu in BUAA. Here I want to say that my life isn't so pleasant:
1. My supervisor seldom appear, let alone give me some useful advise, especially academic ones
2. The reasearch projects has nothing to do with my major, which make me feel that I am wasting my timee  all day long!
3. There are little space to develop some use skills which might be useful to find a decent job. Cause everday we have to stay in our lab strictly according stipulations set by our supervisor.
4. The funding is pathetic, 350yuan a month for a Ph.D and even less for a Graduate. Stu. Well, I really don't think you can survive in Beijnng with such a low income even in campus under the premise of complete dependence from parents' finacial aid.

What u guys feel about your life when you are/were a graduate stu?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 13:08:00 |Display all floors

Terrible

My graduate student experience was terrible

She was a nasty, nasty girl

Seriously: I am sorry to hear your supervisor is not up to much

Perhaps he is over worked and preocupied with other stuff that people have dumped on him (or her)

Don't worry, as long as you get a PhD and a job!

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 21:10:55 |Display all floors
It seems to me that PhD is not so meaningful now. Lots of PhDs in China now can not get a job.
I even want to quit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.