:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 15:21:12 |Display all floors
pls remeber this "do what Roman do in Rome"
maybe you will get much from this sentence~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 22:00:55 |Display all floors

Westerners are quite open-minded, but they do find me weird when

I dislike salad and bread, they think I am strange.
I never watch or like any sports, they think me strange.
I ride a bike to work, they come up ask,"why don't you drive?"
I hide at home to avoid to get suntanned they find me strange.
I cover my cup in case dust drops in and they feel I am strange.
Now you may think I am really strange.

[ Last edited by jessme at 2007-3-13 10:30 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 22:28:21 |Display all floors

Singaporeans find me more strange when they know:

Here's why singaporeans feel me strange:

1.There are 3 words in my name, they say, why, I thought china people's name only have 2 words!
2.I know how to use computers, even emailing.
3.I can speak english.
4.I don't work in fields and never lived in countryside back in China.
5.I dare to eat a lot of chilli but I am not from Sichuan.
6. I shivered in my short sleeves in a 17celsius degreee airconditioned room. The winter in China is so cold so we shouldn't feel cold at all.
7. I don't have to send my money back to my hometown as Filipinos do.
8. My friends earn more in China than me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 23:06:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jessme at 2007-3-13 22:28
Here's why singaporeans feel me strange:

1.There are 3 words in my name, they say, why, I thought china people's name only have 2 words!
2.I know how to use computers, even emailing.

You can EMAIL????? OMG! Yours are all funny too, thank you for sharing. Actually at my job none of the chinese people cover their mugs, but I, the foreigner do.

I LOVE salad!

They do think I speak chinese well even if I say a few little things!!! Sometimes I'd like to work through the issue in chinese, if they'd only use simpler words, but they blurt out so much so fast, it's hopeless.

And yes, this is meant to be a comedy, not tragedy thread!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 23:22:47 |Display all floors

acting and more acting, plz....

the whole point is ACT...and if you can act then people begin to like you & accept you as their friend.  whatever i do or don't do is how well i act that day (to please people like sayin', you're good & you're good at what you do...so on).  about the lid & the mug thing...do what you like to do, and as long as you don't break it then it's cool...the lid is just to keep it HOT for ya'.  chill

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 23:29:02 |Display all floors
In Chinese, 油菜 is also called 青菜. I am not sure whether this kind of vegetable grows in other place except Asia.
so, I don't know  whethe it has a common name in English. Anyway, maybe we can call it GREEN VEGETABLE according to its appearance.
As to 葱, I think either shallot or scallion is OK, but I am not sure.
Because you always buy only one youcai, cong, carrot or something else, they wonder why you don't buy more? Chinese people usually buy many things at a time, thus they can reduce the times visiting the market. The refrigerators can help them keep the vegetables green.
Of course, the packman wish they can sell out their vegetable as soon as possible. If every one buy their things like you, when he can finish his deal?
Because most poeple know Chinese is one of the most difficult languages to learn in the world, not only for foreigners, but also for some Chinese people. Actually, many Chinese people cannot speak standard putonghua (mandarin), especially for most people living South China. Some of them even cannot speak one sentence well.
That's why they think you are great once they hear you speak Chinese.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.