Author: zglobal

Chinese Pollution...or Foreign [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-11 06:37:41 |Display all floors

to irishinuk

I first thought, that a name like that looked Ukrainian, or maybe Canadian Inuit.

Then looked more closely. I was wrong, to be sure, to be sure!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 12:00:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 13:02:59 |Display all floors
zglobal wrote:

''The fact is that Australia has 120 million sheep and 26.7 million cattle.
If we assign to each Australian 6 sheep and 1.33 cattle.
That's a lot of farting going on and my guess is that it's not included in any official pollution figures.''

OK, so if I understand this correctly, we have a combined total of 146.7 million animals resident in Australia who, if they co-ordinated their efforts, could blow a new hole in the ozone layer.

Are the Americans aware that you have this weapon of mass destruction which is outside their control?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 16:14:45 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 16:40:23 |Display all floors

Double Standards. Britain 800 Years China Now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 10:14:29 |Display all floors

America outsourcing its pollution to China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 10:46:22 |Display all floors
That's what happened when we are the globe manufacturing basin plus the imported western life style.  As a manufacturing center, it imports jobs for millions, but at the same time, imports the pollution of many developed countries.    Then instead of pointing fingers at China and other developing countries, why should we not get together and come out feasible global solutions?    With all the pollutions and the warming effect, one day it’s the whole globe going to be destroyed, not only China.   On this issue, China will need the help from other developed countries.  This is where the technology should be imported /exported without restrictions.  And this is the opportunity for an advanced country like US to develop the clean air/ water technology.  If the technology could be imported to China, it will help to lessen the US trade deficit.   

I may have been idealist on these issues.  But earth as a tiny planet on this vast universe, I wish more and more people could look at many issues from a global aspect, not only pointing fingers.  And in reality, no matter how many fingers are pointing at China, China won’t be able to solve the issue all by itself.  With the current technology, there are no valid ways to get rid of many pollutants of manufactures.  If some do, they are too expensive for the low profit production.   

Then you look at the speed of auto being introduced to China.   I’m not talking about the cars and trucks for industrial use, but the private ownership.  Does China need private cars for its every citizen or family?  GM’s sale in US is dipping, but in China is booming.  
There may be something very wrong about the spread of capitalism.  As capitalism is concerned, no thing matters besides the bottom line profits.  It’s fine that China needs to open up to the outside world, but we should never forget our social responsibility!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.