Views: 8033|Replies: 8

I wonder why americans are always so confident? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-9 10:03:07 |Display all floors
I would say that is blind confident for many of them in American Idol...
everyone 's saying I'm the next american idol, even they are terrible at singing
I used to appreciate that trait so much, but now i think they are not being honest

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 10:15:30 |Display all floors
I think you're overgeneralizing. Reality TV shows are always going to attract people who think they're the best, no matter what country you're in. The people who don't think they're very good are the ones who stay home and watch the shows and laugh at the bad singers who think they're good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 11:24:31 |Display all floors

but, they have to get something to prove that slogan"I'm the best"

why not just compromise, I'm a bad singer , yes ,and I'm here for fun/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 12:06:07 |Display all floors
Sockmonkey, you made me laugh. Yes, the majority of americans are sitting home laughing at the ones who think they're great but aren't. I for one, know enough to only sing in my car all alone. (heehee) but I don't have a car here in china so I only sing in my apartment alone. Maybe I whistle or hum a tiny bit in public, but I can't even whistle right.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 12:09:48 |Display all floors
i sing in bathroom alone lol..

nice you can whistle, freakqi, i dont know how.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 21:30:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mondobongo at 2007-3-9 11:24
why not just compromise, I'm a bad singer , yes ,and I'm here for fun/

You don't remember William Hung who sang "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin? Horrible singer, bad dancing, but true to his heart. he was real. He said he had no regrets for participating on the show.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 23:07:03 |Display all floors

first line of defense...

first of all, i would like to shout out to my two homies above...how're doin'!  always think & feel positive but prepare for the worse.  again, folks never generalize anything cuz anything is not quite the same as ev'rything.  gotta go!  peter

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.