Author: superkylin

Vital trifles? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-8 22:10:11 |Display all floors
life lies in your feelings .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 04:45:33 |Display all floors

Great thinker in the making...

Originally posted by superkylin at 3-8-2007 16:41
When I was in primary school, as I remember the most important thing is a lil red flower, some ... which teachers award the kids for their being good, talented or helpful...and one thing I worrie ...

Very interesting as usual.  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 05:42:53 |Display all floors
SuperK, when I saw your reference to Zhuangzi I realized that I knew nothing about him, so I looked him up.  I thought it interesting that he lived at the same time as Plato and Aristotle, who laid much of the foundation of western philosophy.

What was it about the world at that time that fostered such great thinkers?

As you and Zhuangzi point out, much of our beliefs and attitudes depend on our point of view.
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 08:05:03 |Display all floors
we are what we are , I have never met anyone that thinks the same way as I do ( probably a good thing ) or see's things the way I do , we all have our achilies heel , some people over analyse thing's and get stuck on the why's , other people are more excepting that sometimes things just happen , I am the analytical type and it causes me much pain to try and figure out why things happen the way they do , I find a release in my drawings and poems I can only imagine what I would be like if I had no release .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 17:15:04 |Display all floors
Hi Thank you all guys for your thoughts...^^

well it's just a thought went through my weird mind....
I do think there're something in life worth being serious of, something don't.
Just how can I know something that seems serious today, tomorrow won't be like a wind passing by? How can I know something I'm worrying about today, tomorrow won't turn out to be a great fuss about nothing..?
So it's better to get rid of them...by telling yourself "it's not something really worth worrying for" because they won't affect one's life?

But what feels when one get rid of all those, a broad-minded person...his heart as quiet like a calm lake, so he sees himself, a true inner self? He has nothing to care, nothing to struggle for, is that bad, what is good? How close is that feeling to death....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 17:25:09 |Display all floors
diogenes, I didn't know Plato and Aristotle was at the same time with zhuangzi(and lao zi), perhaps it's time when great philosophers come into being in the world.

It came to me that it's said the time about Noah's Ark was close to a famous chinese folk tale about a heavy flood, too...

They don't seem so distant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 05:12:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 3-11-2007 17:25
It came to me that it's said the time about Noah's Ark was close to a famous chinese folk tale about a heavy flood, too...

Funny, because I read just the opposite.  That the Chinese have no record of any such great flood, which is another mark historians use to discredit the bible/christianity.  .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.