Views: 6409|Replies: 16

Vital trifles? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-8 16:41:46 |Display all floors
When I was in primary school, as I remember the most important thing is a lil red flower, some ... which teachers award the kids for their being good, talented or helpful...and one thing I worried most is "school rule guards"
when you made mistakes...like being late for school, bringing snacks to school, stamping onto the grassland, climbing over school gate...when you got caught points of your class will be taken and your name will be announced in school...
another worry was about constant harassment and endless fights from/and with lil boys in school and our yard...everytime I had to think about how to deal with them on my way to school or back home....

Later I went to middle school, I thought my worries and concerns in primary school were trifles...I laughed at them, take them as jokes.

In high school to most students college entrance examination is vital, a fierce competition, someone even got mental trouble due to nervousness....someone committed suicide due to high pressure.

I once took a crash so seriously but later laughed at myself....something I once paid a lot attention to now became a joke.

It's till we grow taller did we find out we once looked so short and small as kids, till we learned something we came to realize something are not like we thought they were.

Did we took a move of little finger as a heavy blow? Did we once take drow(not that one of the Underdark! = =") as thunder and storm?

And when I read zhuangzi's story .....I came up with all those thoughts

"On the left horn of the snail there is a kingdom which is called Provocation, and on the right horn another which is called Stupidity. These two kingdoms are continually striving about their territories and fighting...."

A heart-stirring war is described as such a trifle....those terrible world war of human on earth, will there be any aliens laughing at such childish trifles on their planet?
The benefits, interests...are they the same as my lil red flower? When someday I shall laugh at it?

Will there be someday, when significant events became trifles?  Is there anything vital forever?

When even life and death are no longer worth feeling happy for or sad, when war is seen as stupid joke, when we realize how insignificant we are, in this tiny planet busying with our trifles like ants worrying about their nest...when will people realize it? Could mortal really realize it? When?

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2007-3-8 04:44 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 18:08:55 |Display all floors
superK 。。。很深刻的文章...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 18:47:49 |Display all floors
u make me recalling.........familiar / piquant playmates ......well-beloved / pitiful teachers........lightful / worn classrooms.......expected / tense exams........and so forth.........
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 19:02:40 |Display all floors

so as people say, don't take life too seriously.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 19:03:01 |Display all floors
lil red flower never dies... and there are many and of sorts....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 20:19:06 |Display all floors
well...dont take life too seriously.....sometimes...u just have to..u dont have a choice..do u?
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 21:53:34 |Display all floors
sneer at what happens, be passionate indifferent...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.