Author: ronglimeng

What Are Your Favourite Snack Foods When Travelling? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-10 11:14:01 |Display all floors
I also don't think there's anything wrong with eating in public. I don't often eat on the city bus or subway, but actually I have done it a couple times if I was in a hurry. Maybe I went into a bakery and got a muffin or something and ate it on the way to work. Or I eat something small while I am walking from the bus to the building & up the elevator, then put it away as I walk into work.

And of course if the journey is several hours or more.... bringing food from home is cheaper and you know you will have something, not leave it up to chance.
hard boiled eggs
fresh or dried fruit
jerky (meat or tofu)
nuts
cut up raw veggies (carrots, cucumber, pepper...)
muffins/bread/cookies
tea/coffee or soup, just ask for hot water
in the US we have instant oatmeal (porridge) and similar things, you just add water, as easy as instant noodles

Lots of portable food!

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2007-3-10 11:17 AM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 22:02:40 |Display all floors

are you discrete in public places...

hey hey hey!  doesn't matter how distinctive you are...as long as you are in a small public area & you are pulling all those things simultaneoulsy like, noise, chewing, slurping, the smelling/aroma, the gesturing & slopyness (i don't care if you're offering or not) .  too many WRONGS just don't make it RIGHT !  eat a heavy meal 'fore you getting in the same plane with me (btw...i don't take the "L" to carnarsie or union square...i don't share public transportation...period!) .   you guys know all the little details & you are still promoting "eating fitness" in the public...i mean they packed you like sardines in the tin can & you still want all the DNA surrounding you like that!  ah ah, not my bag of dried mangoes...again, you can have it if you want!  say what, tofu...lemme blink out just now!   peter w/a SMILE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 01:34:46 |Display all floors

I'll try to be more discrete!

If I ever see a refined-looking gentleman sitting across from me on the subway who looks like he is only there because his limousine broke down, then I'll leave my potato crisps in my pocket!

I guess there's not much chance of you and I sharing a 2nd class compartment on the Shanghai-Beijing Express, sitting there in our pyjamas, passing the hard-boiled eggs around to our travelling companions!!! Happy trails.

Your pal,

Rong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 03:11:14 |Display all floors

do my own thing...

ha ha...and i need no limo or car service to pick me up, i like to drive recklessly by myself (in need for SPEED not just b/c public transportations suck) .  since you've put it this way...i just might considered orient-express when i am from nanchang to shanghai...great ideal to see some scenery...no doubt & thanks for the tips.  'bout the pj & hard broiled egg...i don't think so...too ghetto for me & the middle car has restaurant & bar (hopefully catch you there) !  take care my homie!   peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 14:53:51 |Display all floors

What's the new generation's view?

In my college travels , Most of my classmates don't eat snack food  much, now mostly we take our mp3, psp or dvd player along the traveling. We think eat snack food is boring and not healthy . Eating while talking is not the only thing we do. That's my view. ^ ^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 23:59:56 |Display all floors

you're talkin' my language here...

you see just now...some folks here think i'm a lunatic for not having snacks in public places (eventhougn i might be drooling).  i mean ev'rything has its time & place...and we can wait or do it discretely like, mister rong does (eating noodle soup w/o a single slurping sound...very impressive) .  and if your friends having mp4, watching DVD for snack that would be super fine as long as the volume is in their ears, cuz i hate to hear something that i don't quite understand or even if i do.  i know i'm to please but lets not go there now!   and thnx, oscar  bai

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 14:17:06 |Display all floors

snacks

I think for most girls,snacks are their favorites. But the problem is that most girls are prone to overweight  
because of eating too many snacks. It is difficult to balance the relationship between snacks' attractiveness and charm of beauty. it always ails me to prevent from eating my favorite snacks in order to keep a slim figure. I like cholocate , ice-cream,biscuit,fruits,etc.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.