Views: 37162|Replies: 46

What Are Your Favourite Snack Foods When Travelling? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-8 09:18:30 |Display all floors
My conclusion is that it is impossible for Chinese people to travel without arranging a plentiful supply of snack foods, regardless of whether they are going in a car, on a train, or an airplane. Any Chinese people that I know are almost continuously nibbling on snack foods as they travel along.

I like almost any kind of salted crackers but I don't like those salted preserved plums. I tried them one time. Yahhhh!! All I can remember was that the water I drank immediately afterwards was the sweetest water I''ve ever tasted!

What is your favourite snack food for travelling?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 16:04:56 |Display all floors
for me chocolate is a must....no more

salted preserved plums....I guess salty and acid taste prevents train sickness...
could it be as terrible as my first encounter with too much mustard sauce?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 01:24:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-3-8 09:18
My conclusion is that it is impossible for Chinese people to travel without arranging a plentiful supply of snack foods, regardless of whether they are going in a car, on a train, or an airplane. A ...

Hello,ronglimen,

You are right! I think there are many Chinese people who enjoy eating even when they are on the road:) I remember seeing people packing almost more than half of their traving bags with snacks:) And if there is any better reason why they love eating so much while they are travel is because they want their bags to be lighter:):) It is like you have become child again,I think. (The Spring travels we all once had when we were in primary school:) )

My favorite traveling snack is maybe ice-cream. As they are sweet, everywhere and can eliminate my sudden impulse on food(eating disorder?)effectively! Plums are O.K., but it can get me thirsty easily. Just love sweet  things better I guess:)

What do you often have/do on your trips?No snacks?

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 03:04:54 |Display all floors
I prefer to pack chips, beef jerky and instant noodles when I travel.  

Instant noodles are pretty good and convienent to eat when you're traveling to another country where you're not quite sure if you would enjoy their food.  And another plus to them is if you don't want to cook them, you can eat them right out of the package!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 00:43:03 |Display all floors
Hi lovable:

I like chocolate candies when travelling. My favourite is "Almond Joy", an almond nut surrounded by coconut and coated with chocolate.

However I will try anything that my travelling companions bring on the trip. Recently I enjoyed some kind of biscuit coated with sesame seeds. I think sesame seeds are popular with the Shanghai people.

My wife takes instant noodles with her on airplanes and just asks the flight attendant for some hot water.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 04:18:59 |Display all floors

i don't think so, not with me...

howdy!  i don't suggest anyone's talking or eating right next to their fellow passengers especially on a public transportation, such as bus, subway or airplane...it is just plain rude and inconsiderate to their neighbors...i know we have our RIGHT, but not on other people's expense!  and i see plenty outhere...i mean is that their last meal on earth or what...must they do that to piss me off?    take care!   peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 09:49:58 |Display all floors

Whoah, whoah, whoah!

I can see if you're taking a short run into the city on the "L Train", you don't need to break out the snacks.

But if you are on a medium-to-long journey, I can't see a problem getting the snacksout and passing them around. Sharing snacks makes it  easier to break the ice with fellow passengers and generally have a more pleasant trip.

As long as you don't squirt anybody in the eye with orange juice, get crumbs on their clothing, or eat smelly food beside people, I don't think eating on public transit is too bad.

Did you have a bad experience once or are you just a sensitive guy?

Regards,

Ronglimeng

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.