Author: frothow

The meaning of life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-6 11:51:30 |Display all floors

I do...

You believe in the guts, body and vessel...I believe in the spirit living on....

°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 11:56:25 |Display all floors

I'm begining to wonder

Is a question like the meaning of life something frowned upon be the Chinese authorities? maybe people are afraid to ponder this becouse
it might lead to religion ?could you go to jail in China speaking of a question like this? I hope im wrong !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 12:16:09 |Display all floors
if it is frowned upon by the authorities, why is it being debated here in the official daily?

love and faith are alive and well in China; for instance, try going to the temples on the first and fiftteenth of each month; plenty of happy activity! and there's a wonderfully large temple complex in the outskirts of Hefei being finished that will be opened soon; many believers from all over the world will visit it when it opens.

back to the topic:  according to forrest gump the sequel (so it can be said), the meaning of life is simple:

it is a box of chocolates that you want to eat, but you can only open it while sitting in a hot desert, and when you taste the first delicious morsel, you happen to turn the box and read the date, and it says 'expired, dummy!'.

after adopting such a script deciphered electronically on a secret frequency from across the vast universe, you realize that anything you get in life has its own meaning so the

meaning of life is that there are as many meanings as there are lives.

which one you want?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 12:26:38 |Display all floors

No!

Originally posted by frothow at 2007-3-6 11:56
Is a question like the meaning of life something frowned upon be the Chinese authorities? maybe people are afraid to ponder this becouse
it might lead to religion ?could you go to jail in China sp ...

You will not go to jail but some Chinese people seem to think religious people are a bit funny.

Here is my interpretation of the meaning of life:

God created this universe (why is not our business and beyond our understanding)

He said, out of the universe came "Mind" or the Soul and He was pleased with "Mind" and wants to look after it (them)

God maintains the universe and this planet we live on (keeps it stable for a time, so souls can live here - to see what we do, I suppose)

Once a soul comes to exist it cannot be destroyed - it is eternal

Our souls are very old but we don't remember; they get caught in these bodies for a very short time and then (when we die) they settle in their natural place

If your soul is bad then its natural place is a bad place, if your soul is good then its natural place is a good and nice place - the soul settles in the right place for it in some other dimension.

God does not send us to hell, our souls "drift" there naturally if we are bad BUT God can intervene and move our soul to a good place (even if we have been bad) if we believe Him and ask Him to do that.

God made us from a dop of blood - that maybe from something dead or from some other animal, He made us the way we are because souls can live in us.

God creates universes, so to Him we are very small and silly creatures but He still notices us and told us how to live in peace, but mostly we do not listen to Him

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 12:33:59 |Display all floors

Reply #17 markwu's post

I'm glad people can practise their faith in China thanks for your response but again I'm left empty hoping someone could give me a well thought out opinion with or without religion . My father told me once that people dont really think their going to die, they think that somehow technology will prolong life , people can imagine others dying but not themselves. I find it strange that someone will go into long posts about
political events but to the question of the meaning of life short posts or something funny will do ,once again "sigh"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 12:42:08 |Display all floors

Reply #19 frothow's post

The meaning of life!

Hmmmmm

"A way for the Game Master to spend time and make our experience more exciting?"

ha ha ha

Green Dragon
Lord of the code
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 13:00:51 |Display all floors

Reply #18 pandamonium's post

well yours is at least more thought out than some . I like your prospective , its other peoples perspective or perception of the meaning of life
that I'm after . Im hoping to get a brainstorm going on this topic , i hope your response sparks more thinking . Remember I'm American and i want Chinese perspectives (if your not Chinese i want yours as well ) i just find the Chinese to be great thinkers on many subjects but i hope i can get an even more thought of answer than yours (no offence you did great compared to others so far ) look at greendragons!  seriously please people dont be shy . Thankyou panamonium ,but can someone please step up to the plate here.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.